C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

If that is how you interpret it.

You're welcome.

2. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Yes and he feeds from Warren's trough; Warren's "Pastors Tool Box". That is something one pays for, I think.

3. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

AGAIN..............

I like how all the rumors get started with "I was told".. who told you??? did Pastor Matt tell you or his wife??? or just another gossip? I know that he does do his own sermons.. Not all the time but sometimes.. And the other times are form other pastors ans Christian leaders who taught and seen the benefit of it but does that mean another pastor cant use it?? As Ed Young said at a leadership conference one time "If you got eyes plagiarize" I see nothing wrong with using other peoples resources.. does it really matter if he thought of it or used some one else's stuff as long as the gospel of Jesus Christ is taught??

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

It doesn't inasmuch as Church is not for hurting people. Church is for people who already have a relationship with Jesus Christ; it is His Body. Hurting people should always be allowed to observe the Church of Jesus Christ and learn of the One who heals lives and doesn't need the world mingled in His business. I personally know only one church in the area that has the sustaining message of the gospel.

5. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

That passage isn't about worship, but prayer. Even a "stupid " person can see that.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions for you HXC. If Pastor Fry doesn't write his own sermons every week, or visit with the sick members of his church, or conduct wedding ceremonies (pastors normally do some premarital counseling with the engaged couples too, so getting married is more than just a ceremony a pastor performs you know), or do funerals(?)... then what does he do with all of his time outside of church? Does he hold a full time job and pastor only on the Wednesdays and Sundays? :?

7. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't it matter? Souls are at stake.

8. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

I understand that his wife actually runs the 'business' of the church.

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I guess I kind of have the same question here. I have just been following this thread and not posting at all, however this has peaked my interest. The pastor's duties. Are there not 7 sacrements? He only picks and chooses which ones to do?

Baptism
    Confirmation
    Eucharist
    Confession
    Annointing of the Sick
    Holy Orders
    Marriage

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

hahahahahah, sounds to me like they have the perfect set up! and people just pour in there to fuel them.

11. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Again Ormly you "understand" your just as bad as everybody else for gossiping.

12. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I bet that's your church. There is only one in this area....does your church also handle snakes?

13. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

They have chickens too? lol

14. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

Pastor Matt does visit people but obviously he is not able to visit everyone everytime they may be in the hospital. He has staff that helps minister to those who are sick and we use our small groups to minister to individual needs as well.

Pastor Matt does write his own sermons. He may use a theme or an idea from elsewhere sometimes but He writes his sermons for C3. Its not uncommon for Pastors to be preaching on the same theme or idea. It doesn't mean they are all using the same message. If you really wanted to get into a deep discussion, it's the same Holy Spirit that speaks to us, so maybe God is giving the Pastors similar things to speak to His church.

Pastor Matt does do weddings. He doesn't do alot of them. I know of at least one other minister on staff has performed weddings recently. They've also assisted some families with funerals for their loved ones.

As for his wife running the business of the church, we have an executive minister that oversees the business aspect of the church. That's not to say that Matt or his wife aren't involved but they are far too busy to try and run the church too.

To truly understand the heartbeat behind C3 and what we do, you would have to be there for a couple weeks. Check out our informational class, setup some time to talk with one our ministers, talk to the people that have been going there for a while and you'll hear that C3 is not all about a big building, a coffee shop, lights or even a rockin' praise team - it really is about God moving in the lives of each person. As a church grows larger, it has to learn to stay small to remember each person matters. That's what we teach our leaders and volunteers week-in and week-out. Are we perfect? No but we strive everyday to be better than we were yesterday through God.

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I know alot of people who have gone and left. It's not for everyone. It's not for me.

16. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Ormly, take note...this is how a "Christian" posts. You notice they didn't put you are anyone else down.:lol:

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I know pastors can't visit every single person in the church, especially when the church is as large as C3, but HXC made it sound like Pastor Fry didn't do ANY visitations... or much of anything at all. ;) Thanks for clarifying binarydig2.

18. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me share.

19. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for clearing that up, like I said I haven't posted in here at all but my interest was piqued and I had those questions. They also make sense, of course he wouldn't be able to visit all the sick, its too big, but you said it in a nice way

You are a great representative for your church. This church, personally is too big, I'm a small town girl and like to know everyone in my church but that is just me.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I thought the main purpose of the Christian church is to pass on the sermons and teachings of Jesus Christ???