C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Should that be hidden from people?

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

How can they put me down? Where have I put anyone down? Have I spoken untruisms? Seems some of you just want to pick a fight.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

bwaha! good point. aren't all sermons basically already ripped off?

unless that's not what you meant

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it should be mandatory to post the dancing kitty anytime you say 'bwaha'...

7. ws

ws Well-Known Member

build a turn lane

8. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

First, I'm not saying your post is untrue, so please don't take this in any wrong way. But I'd like to get more information. What age is your Pre-Schooler? My wife is one of the pre-school coordinators and I mentioned this post to her. I asked her in which class this could possibly happen and she said that none of the classrooms have cd players and they don't play music in any of the classrooms. She said that maybe your child may have learned it while at their friend's house.

Just to help assure you, we may be a very contemporary church but we definitely don't play this kind of music in any of our classes - not even in the student ministry.

9. binarydig2

I also ask because, as a parent, I wouldn't want my son or daughter learning that inside or outside of the church. Just wanted to know my heart behind why I'm asking and that I'm not being confrontational.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nope, that is exactly what I meant ;)

11. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

If you truly believe that you have yet to attend a true church of Jesus Christ. I might add, they are getting harder to find

The 'old ways' are being replaced with a 'new age', 'emergent' church established by 'consensus' thinking that by 'coaching'/'facilitating' all the 'absolutes of Christian of faith and doctrine' and everything of Jesus Christ is being brought into question. All one has to do is, pay attention. One mght call it the 'dumbing down of the church'. Corporate management teams have taken over. Here a link that says it all for any interested who may have sensed something but can't place their finger on it.

http://www.inthenameofpurpose.org/

http://www.inthenameofpurpose.org/page2.html

12. Shine

Shine Guest

Binarydig2.....Hi, I'm glad that you responded to that post. My child went to the earlier service this past Sunday. She is 4. As a matter of fact she was even talking about it again last night. Now she did say something about them not having a CD player. She said they just pushed a little button. I asked her on what? She said it was like a playstation. She kept talking about some other kids in the class and showing me how they danced and sang to it and even the teacher.

Yes, I do agree with you that perhaps she learned it at someone elses' house. This age can get things mixed up sometimes, but she was so vivid with her description.

13. binarydig2

Being very familiar with the way the new classes are laid out, I don't think they have anything like that. But I have let my wife know about the possibility so she can keep an eye out just in case.

You are welcome to come and talk with the teachers yourself and check out the facilities. You can see how safe your child is and get an idea of what type of activities we do with the kids.

14. blingo

blingo Guest

HERES YOUR ANSWER.

http://www.mattfry.com/
    What does a pastor do the day before Grand Opening? Chill at the mall with the family... Drinking Starbucks of course.

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Just like any good organization or company. The sign of a great leader is things run as smoothly without you as they do with you. That's what we've always been told in the corporate world. 8)

16. clive

clive Well-Known Member

The video is called Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed. It cautions us about taking what someone says and passing it along to others.
    Often people will say (or type) things like, I heard, I thought, someone told me, I understand, I was under the impression, he said or she said, .......you get the idea.
    Not always, but all too often people accept these comments as truth without knowing all the facts. Or, the person making the statement(s) doesn't know all the facts or is misunderstanding/misinterpreting them. Consequently they end up passing along half truths or something that is totally false.
    In the video there is a weed, the rumor weed, and it grows bigger and bigger as false statements and half truths about an individual are spread by gossip throughout a small town. As the weed grows so big that it threatens to take over the town, all the townspeople wind up on the bandwagon thinking all kinds of bad things about an individual all because one child passed along bad information. (Hmmmm. The similarities between this thread and the movie are astounding.)
    I don't intend to be accusatory here nor am I saying everyone here is guilty of starting rumors or perpetuating gossip. However, I do feel comfortable in saying that it's the primary reason that this thread has gone on for so long.
    I'm just asking that we all be more careful with what we choose to write and be more discerning about what we accept as truth.
    There are plenty of good Christian churches in the area and I can tell you that C3 is one of them. The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is taught there. It isn't watered down and it's not fluffed up. We are contunually challenged to strengthen our walk with God, to recognize our own faults and overcome them, to serve Him as we serve those around us, to do our best to live a Christ-like life and, most importantly, to share with others the eternal salvation that is offered through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and receiving that salvation by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Savior.
    I'm not perfect. But I can tell you that I am a better Christian, husband, and father for the time my family and I have spent there.
    I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I can assure you that you have some misinformation. I work as a volunteer in the children's ministry. I can assure you that I have never heard the song that you mention.

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

No

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Apparently not, because you seem to think there's a difference. Prayer is worship. Or are you one of those who thinks God is like Santa Claus and a prayer is the gift list?

20. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Apparently?? However, I will leave that to your ignorance and to whatever else you glean from your modern view of God.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008