A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Not been terrible, just busy. It's amazing how much work I can get done when I get up early and don't play on the board :lol::lol: Skiped right through lunch - starving to death now!! Time to eat!

2. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Hey Grace....just read this. Did you get it fixed. I felt so sorry for you reading this. When I was 12, I busted out two of my teeth on the top front when I fell at the skating rink. The nerves were exposed in both of them and there was not much tooth left on either of them.

My Dad, who was a total a**hole, got mad at me for the accident and decided to punish me by making me go on a weekend camping trip which he really wanted to do. He didn't even try to get me to a dentist. I went through the weekend in such pain. I still remember tearing off tiny bits of a sandwich and poking it way to the back of my mouth so as not to touch the raw, exposed nerves. And drinking through a straw.

When I finally did see a dentist, dear old Dad wouldn't for out the $ to get them crowned right away. I walked around for months with both teeth missing and nothing but a thin layer of temporary fix cement (which fell of about 3 times a week) covering the nerves.:evil:

I feel your pain. Hope it is fixed by now.

Oh! FYI...if that ever happens again, go to the Quik Med and tell them your situation and that you need pain med until you can get to the dentist. I've done that and they helped me out.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang Mommy. :(

4. MommySAIDno

Yeah! He was a real jerk. Once made my older Sis go days with a broken wrist because seeing a Doc was just not "convenient" for him. Told her she was just a "crybaby". She was 14 I think.

Also, when my brother got strep throat, dear Daddy forced him to keep playing High School football right on and did not take him to the Doc. As a rusult, my brother has rheumatic fever and terrible knees.

I have not spoken to my Dad in nearly 14 years. Sad thing, my brother turned out to be just like him. The sins of the father......:?

Thank God my DH would NEVER deny medical or dental care to either me or our kids. God has a way of making something good outta a bad situation.

5. Cleopatra

That's really sad about your brother. Sounds like he is minimalizing his abuse from his childhood so he doesn't have to "deal".

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good gracious, ya'll have been busy today. :popcorn:

7. MommySAIDno

my random thought.....

why am I the only one to EVER open up a new bar of soap for the shower?

I mean...does my family just think the "soap fairy" keeps the shower stocked.

DO they not know that when the soap is low during their shower, if they replace it after they get out, it would keep me from having to dig out a new bar while dripping wet and cold since I had already gotten in the shower before I realized the "saop fairy" had not been by.:x

8. MommySAIDno

Yeah! Big brither is really messed up. Dad kept control over him by beating him down mentally. Bro. will never be able to feel like Dad accepts him. All son's need to feel the approval of their Dad.

Sis and I were really kinda blessed in that we were girls. We married, took a different name and left it all behind. It was easier to do that having another "man" in our lives (our hubbys).

9. Cleopatra

MommySAIDno = Soap Fairy.

:)

10. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Mommysaidno, man your childhood sounds rough, but I bet those experiences made you rise up and be a better person today and a better parent to your children.

on another note, why am I the only one to actually take the used rolls of toilet paper off the holder and throw them away? Everyone else just sits a new roll on top of it....also don't they know you only hang rolls with paper over??

11. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol:

At my house it's this... I buy big packages of TP and split them up between the 3 bathrooms. That way when a roll runs out, you just look under the sink and grab a new roll. I always try to keep extra packages in the garage too, so when the under-the-sink supply gets low, it can be replenished so that there isn't an UT-OH incident (know what I mean?) Well, guess what I caught DH doing? When one of the bathrooms runs out, instead of going to the garage and getting a fresh supply, he just goes to the other bathrooms and takes from them until NO BATHROOM has TP under the sink. No wonder I'm ALWAYS the one that has to go out to the garage and replenish ALL the bathrooms! [​IMG]

12. Cleopatra

Southernborn = Toilet Paper Fairy

13. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Thanks so very much. Went to the dentist today and they put a temporary filling in until they can squeeze me in. Found out that it was a filling that had fallen out. I think we need warranties on these things.

So sorry to hear about your dad but you are much better off now. I have heard where sons follow in the dad's footsteps and I hate that your brother did that. Sometimes friends are closer than family will ever be.

Grace

14. MommySAIDno

I want my own smilie :mrgreen:

15. MommySAIDno

SB, Yep! It was rough. And yes!!!! It made me a stronger person and a person determined to see my children grow up in a better home than I did. I don't spend time thinking "O pitiful me", that's a waste. Everything happens for a reason. I can see more every year how the experiences of my childhood developed a part of my which God knew I would need one day!

And OH YES!!! The toilet paper drives me nuts too. And of coarse the paper goes OVER!!:lol:

16. Cleopatra

I know! WHO puts the TP on the roll wrong??? Sadists!!!

17. MommySAIDno

You gals will love this then...

My Sis told me that when her Father-in-law comes to her house, he actually CHANGES her OVER the roll TP to be UNDER the roll TP.:?

:boxing:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's where it's supposed to go...............at least at my house!! It's taken me years to train DH. :jester:

19. Cleopatra

And all this time I thought you were cool, kdc.... <shakes head> lol

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: