A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

That damn 90 calorie breakfast bar is already gone...ugggg...why am I so hungry today?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Drink lots water or something to fill you up! I know what you mean, I always eat something for breakfast, but 2-3 hrs later I'm hungry again. I eat Quaker crunchy granola bars. The Sweet & Salty Crunch has only 150 cal for 2 bars and they're really good! :cheers:

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I always try to eat oatmeal & fruit or some type of whole grain cereal that way it stays with me longer. If you pack it on in the morning you are more likely to not eat as much later in the day.

I use the 90 cal bars for snacks more than just a breakfast. works out better :)

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Might want to check out the orajel fairy too. Baby Koo has a whoppin 5 teeth push through now. 2 of which are the dreaded eye teeth.:evil:

If I could hook up a painless orajel IV to her, to ease her pain I would. Poor girl.

<Koo hands Jen a Diet Red Bull> :mrgreen:

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yeah....the teeth.

She's recently had 3 molars come thru....poor baby....

Already had the sugar free RedBull this AM.

Got me a "charged" snickers to eat this PM

It'll all be okay!

6. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

YES! I AM bragging!

I'm so proud of my eldest DD. Since her computer has been down for some time, she has lots of catching up to do now that I managed to fix it (with the help of the fantastic 4042 computer guys - thank you, thank you!!)

So, I had to rework her schedule giving her extra work each day to help catch up. It is a heavy load so I told her if it was too much she could let me know and I can always extend the school year out another week or two into summer. Since it is a computerized curriculem it is easy to do that. I don't mind changing it around...just as long as I know she is really LEARNING the material.

Well, at 11:38am this morning, DD comes to me and tells me she is completely finished with ALL of her schoolwork for the day. And this is after she had just told me an hour earlier that she made a 98 on her history quiz. She usually studies and then asks me to quiz her verbally to make sure she knows it. Not this time. She took notes on all her lessons and did a great job.

I am SO proud of her!

AND....youngest DD is finished for the day as well becuase she has been working ahead and only had one lesson to complete. I am so proud of her too!

Now...all I have to do is finish up with DS #1 and school is DONE for the day! Well....except for grading the lessons:mrgreen:

Thank you for listening to a doting homeschool Mom brag a little:oops:

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yay, finally! Some more rain, here!

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

It's raining in downtown Raleigh too!!! Wonderful sight!! (now if it just makes it over to our area...)

9. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

When my daughter and I left her neurologist's office in Raleigh yesterday it was pouring down. By the time we got to White Oak...no rain. We are heading back up today and I hope the rain follows us home this time.

Grace

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

its pouring over here by Yonkers Road

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Lord I'm sleepy. Why do we make kids (who are full of energy and don't need it) take a nap yet when we are older and want a nap at work after lunch it's inappropriate? Who made that rule? Duh!

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Sooo... basically everything was cool until Sarah got jealous because Hagar was acting like she was HBIC and then they just sent Hagar and Ishmael into the desert when Isaac got older.

13. Cleopatra

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Shewww, I am very [​IMG]

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

No, God did not tell Abraham to have a child with Hagar. He said Sarah was going to have a son. Sarah laughed when she heard she was going to have a baby because she was too old to have children. (Guess she forgot that with God, anything is possible!) So, rather than believing and trusting God, she took things in her own hands and told Abraham to have a child with Hagar. Well, being a man he listened to his wife :lol:, did the dirty deed with Hagar, and they produced Ishmael (and there is another whole story there.) Anyway, that is not what God intended, that is not the son He had promised Abraham and Sarah. He still gave Abraham and Sarah the son he intended for them to have, Isaac. It was through Isaac's line that the nation of Israel came into being.

16. Cleopatra

Got it! I swear in the movie, God came to Sarah and told her to have her servant lay with
    Abraham but it's not in the Bible.

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I thought Hagar was a Viking :?

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I went to sleep at 8:30 last night because the power went out! It was out for about 2 hrs!

20. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

It did this the night before last but it came right back on. You think this will happen again tonite.