Oil Pipeline in South Texas Explodes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

2. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

So, what airport are you in?

Grace

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Newark, already announced a delay in the flight, I don't want this to be the third day in a row where my head doesn't hit the pillow until after 2am. :evil:

4. Grace Slick

I saw your Post on the Dark Side to your wife, how sweet. Hopefully, you will get a flight out soon and the two of you will be together. You need more sleep or you are not going to be worth a darn...don't anyone even comment on that.

Grace

5. jfre81

jfre81 Member

That kind of thing is exactly why oil spikes every time any minor event happens...increased demand based on speculation that prices will rise guarantee that prices will indeed rise.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4042 gas jumped $0.05 a gallon from Friday night to Saturday morning, like it or not that's how the world works.

7. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhh .... yes .... complacency with the status quo at its best.

8. Grace Slick

Realist, I would believe.

Grace

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I hope no one got killed in this one. I haven't been to this refinery (can't blame me) but that Texas City, TX one was nasty.

Also, the main constraint isn't oil it is refinery capacity and it looks like we just lost another one. We have not built one in about 30 years and although a number of them are expanding (such as the Detroit, MI refinery) they can't make up for something like this.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They said no injuries so far. I would hate for someone to get hurt for sure. But you KNOW prices are going to go up. :?

12. Grace Slick

Now, now. One would not want to be considered a Conspiracy Nut would they? Terrorists, elections and all.

Grace

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Looks like everyone was accounted for and only one injury. Sounds like they had a great Emergency Response Plan in place.

Just a reminder folks, those evacuation drills that your company has are important. Someones life, possibly your own, may depend upon it.

14. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:?::?::?:

16. Grace Slick

Glad to hear that everybody is okay. I agree that the Emergency Plans even at home do come in handy.

Grace