A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

That's what my son wanted to do, catch it and let it outside. I said no way, it'll come right back in! It was kind of funny, my son's toy boat was in the tub, and it actually closes with little windows in it. The mouse was actually in the tub, hiding from us! But he wasn't smart enough to get back in it when the HOT water was turned on and the stopper was in! I felt just a tiny bit sad for it.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Geez, gotta hate when your computer has been dead for the last couple of weeks, your son who is the computer geek is too busy to look at it, do not have enough time at work to get online and even if i did cannot pull up my email, and have to sneak my son's laptop when he leaves the house to get online:banghead:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, DS is home sick with some sort of crud today. Bless his heart. I hope I don't catch it. :?

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My moms at home with the FLU. :ack:

I love my friends M&R. Saw 'em yesterday. :hurray:

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

what kind of sick? my son said his tummy hurt right before school this morning. hope i don't get a call from school.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have 2 nephews that chogged all weekend. Nice. It lasted about 2 days. I have been battling the flu since last Thursday and only had the stomach part of it for a day. According to the doc, the flu is going around like crazy (that's wahy I am still home from work today...can't shake the fever and I don't want to share with my co-workers) as well as a stomach virus.

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a great big :grouphug:

Hope you feel better soon!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He started on Sunday just feeling pretty wimpy, just laying around, which is SO not like him. A little coughing and his eyes were bloodshot, same thing yesterday, although he did get up and play a bit outside since it was so nice, running a little fever last night, then threw up. Threw up again this morning, not much a fever, some coughing. He just looks "peaked", to use an old term, really pale and his eyes look puffy. :?

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Boy, I hate that everyone is so sick! I hope everyone gets better, and now I really hope I don't get a call from the school!

10. harleygirl

I'm eating jerky for lunch :mrgreen:

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

well if you do, at least he made it a full day, in the eyes of the attendance Gods. :mrgreen:

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Instant Netflix rocks! :jester:

13. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Ooo.. .does it?? Havent tried it yet!! Is it easy to use?

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

gotta dl a quick program and viola! 2 mins and you're in like sin... Son is happy! :mrgreen:

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks! Virtual hugs are the best right now...that way I don't share this lovely bug!

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

When you are boiling eggs (hard boiled), why do you put salt in the water?

17. harleygirl

So the water boils faster.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I just did a search and most directions don't say to add salt. But I did find this suggestion. :)

Most people add salt to the water the egg is boiled in, this minimize blow-ups (where the shell absorbs cooking water then cracks and the egg white escapes). If slightly too much salt is added, it can also remove moisture from the egg causing it to bind to the inner membrane of the shell. To help reduce the effects of 'dry egg' simply add cold tap-water after pouring out the hot and let stand for three to five minutes. If you wish to let stand longer, ensure the eggs are fully submerged.

19. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I do it cause I always thought it makes peeling them easier.

20. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Something else that makes them peeling a lot easier. Don't buy new eggs, use some that you've had in the fridge.