A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Girl, My first question to you would be WHY are you cleaning it? My girls clean their own bathroom, and they re-clean it if it's not cleaned to my standards. It's so refreshing to know my kids can clean as good as I can. Example-yesterday as soon as I got home some friends showed up and wanted to see my 14 yo bedroom, since we redid it for her birthday a while back, we went up and it was spotless. I don't even have to ask anymore, she's discovered if she does a little every day, it stays clean and it's much easier. I have to brag, my girls are pretty much honor roll kids, but 2 weeks ago my 14 yo brought home a progress report and had an F??? I about lost it, anyway, I took everything away and she brought home another one yesterday and had pulled it up to a B. It's funny because she said, gosh I don't know how anyone could stand that grounding stuff, so I went to my teacher and did a bunch of extra credit work to bring it up...LOL. I guess I'm teaching them something. :lol:

2. Southernborn

:iagree:

but State just SUCKS this year. I hope Sidney is just a place holder for a real coach.:lol:

3. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

You are right. I should make them clean it. Here is the deal, my son and my hubby son dont get along to well. They stay clear of each other.

My son will not clean after his son. My son is spoiled and God forbid he clean up after a group of people. I love him dont get me wrong.

I dont know what to do to make them get along.

One tells on the other all of the time. So and so did this and so and so left this.

ugh..They get mad even down to who is eating who's food...

So I just clean it. Poor little man, he cleans the most.

Makes me crazy.

Any suggestions southern?

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree with SB, get those boys cleaning their own bathroom. Mine has been cleaning his for a few years now.

5. Southernborn

Yes, my best friend has the same situation. She fixed it though. She makes them take turns on everything (that way it's totally equal). One Saturday one son cleans the bathroom, the next the other. Also, she assigns them days of trash duty, etc. If it's a job like yard work, she splits it down the middle and makes them both do it. No tattling either, she calls them all down and gets to the bottom of it right then, if they don't like it or start arguing, she grounds them. It was bad last year, when the one son came to live with them, it's so much better now and they actually do get along a lot better now.

6. Tit4Tat

True. With 4 boys/men using it would you rotate them? What is fair?

I want them to watch me do it one time then I want it done exactly like they see me do it.

It is sparkling like crazy now. CLEAN!! Now I got to do mine.

Hey I got one of those self cleaning litter boxes for the cats. It is heaven sent.

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

On the guys and the bathroom thing, I'm in the same boat as you, 47, 29,11 and 8 and another one 3 visits every other weekend..... even the dog is a male...... and yes they pee all over the commodes, floor and shower curtain. Don't get it, can't guys aim? anyway, I do make ALL of them clean there own bathrooms! stand up to those guys and tell them to clean that s----t up themselves!

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have boys too Tit. They rotate weekly(sothey dont fight), the chores. I posted it on the fridge for a while, but they have it down pat. It won't need to be regulated so strictly after about a month, they will eventually work together. And just know, they won't do it like you like it the first couple of times, try not to blow a gasket, simply show them how its done, and then next time, they'll get it. It takes 'training' just like anything else.

And then a big squeeze and a thank you or a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies 'just cuz you guys are helping me out and doing so good and I appreciate it" goes a long way after the fact.

It works, I live it. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

this sounds like a good idea

10. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

OMG, I had stubble in my sink one day. Why didn't he use his? Well, his sink doesn't drain like mine, so he says. Contact lenses DO NOT agree with stubble from your face you idiot, kinda like putting glass in your eye and rubbing it around. I tried to clean it all up, after he tried and that stuff still hung around somewhere, somehow.:x

11. Tit4Tat

Could it possibly be soooo big that it cant be controlled and they have to pee everywhere. Or to small to grab.:lol:

I think guys should start sitting.:lol:

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I can deal with the pee clean-up... I just can't handle the "other" splatter.

:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

ducking fisgusting! yak yak yak

13. Tit4Tat

ducking fisgusting. Love it. You are creative!!:lol:

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: I try to be...

15. KellBell

no they are easily distracted, and they can't focus. :jester:

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I have spent a good part of my life trying to understand men and you just summed it up . I think that explains everything lol.

17. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

oh oh!!! Where'd you get the cat box? I've been wondering about those ....if they really worked or just a gimic!?!?

18. KellBell

it does seem to fit all situations where we ponder the 'man; factor, now doesn't it? lol.

can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. :lol:

19. Tit4Tat

Got it at petsmart. It works and the litter you have to buy there but it lasts a month! I was iffy(is that a word) about it. I like it!

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Which brand did you buy? We've had 2 LitterMaid (Mega or Plus), the first one I bought just after we got our house and it lasted a good 5 years, and 7 cats. We do have other litter boxes in the house, that one happened to reside in the kitchen area for cleanliness & sanitary issues. When it finally gave out, we replaced it with the newer LitterMaid model, bought it at BJ's, and it didn't last a year, it was a piece of crap, it was made much cheaper than the original one. The rake was no longer a 1 piece apparatus, its a cheap piece of plastic attached to the arm, crap gets caught between the two pieces... it was horrible. We ditched it and went to a BoodaDome until I can bring myself to do the research to find something else.