Hepatitis in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MissTurtle62774, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Has anyone heard about the 20-something cases of hepatitis from Pancho's Mexican restaurant in Clayton?

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:shock: Glad we haven't eaten there for about 5 years!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Do you have something to back that up? I wouldn't have put the name of the business unless it was a news story or something. 8) I don't eat there, but I'd hate for something like that to be rumor only.

4. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

:shock:

5. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Thought I read in the paper several weeks ago about this. By state law, if there's a reported case it has to be made public.

6. I know of 3 people with it.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We heard about it several weeks ago. DH works with someone whos grandaughter was diagnosed with it, and at the time the only common link she and the others diagnosed had was having eaten at Panchos recently.

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

It was in the Clayton paper a few weeks ago. They reported 10 cases at Ponchos.

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Is this the new place where Andy's used to be?

If so, we were gonna check it out.....glad we didn't.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, they are on Hwy 70, according to the search I just did. I still haven't found anything in the news. The Clayton papers's archive search leaves something to be desired. :?

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No.. Panchos was one of the first mexican restaurants in Clayton. Its across 70 from the high school, I think the little plaza is called Fayetteville Street Station or something like that. People who own that were also the original owners of Main Steak Bistro.

12. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yep, and thank gosh I haven't ate their in about 7 years.

13. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

My kids got the new hepatitis A vaccine, but then got to thinking maybe I shouldn't have. So I googled hepatitis and Clayton, NC. Panchos was one that did come up. Other NC restaurants included O'Charley's and Olive Garden? Pretty scary, who's cooking your food.

14. kimmytoo

kimmytoo Well-Known Member

we ate there in january and then the next week I heard the rumor about it. I called the health department and was told that there were documented cases involving a restaraunt in clayton but wouldn't confirm the restaraunt.

i took the kids to get the hep a shot at the pediatrician and they said that they had had several dozen kids get vaccinated for it because they had dined there recently.

i still don't know if its true or not, but the kiddos have one more shot to do in April - I guess it is a risk that you take anytime that you eat out somewhere. Anyone can be sick and continue to go to work, especially at a restaraunt where you don't usually get sick pay...

**** by the way, can someone post a link to something about it, when I try to google it I don't find anything -- I must be using the wrong phrase or something.....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008