From the classifieds...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, Feb 21, 2008.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Johnston County, NC
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    Pit bull puppy 3 1/2 months old female, no papers. very sweet and has been socialized. excellent with small children and cats! rides good in the car! she is a shy submissive girl. i need to find her a permenant home thats going to love and care for her forever. she loves to cuddle and loves when you pick her up. i do have pictures available, must see to appreciate her! please serious inquiries only, if you are not serious then please do not email me. its very important i find her a good home and i really dont have time for games, so again serious inquiries only.
    MY FEMALE DOG IVE HAD FOR 4 YEARS IS NOT ACCEPTING OTHER FEMALES INTO THE HOUSE! PLEASE HELP, I DONT WANT TO TAKE HER TO A KILLING FACILITY AKA SHELTER!
    i am willing to bring her to you if its within 15 20 minutes away from my house
    SHE MUST BE REHOMED QUICKLY!
    VERY SMALL ADOPTION FEE APPLIES
    THANK YOU

Mrs. R should seriously watch the Dog Whisperer. Saw and episode that I DVR'd with the SAME problem. He fixed 'em right up!

2. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

Well thats kinda of hard when i dont have cable, i have a total of 5 channels lol, i have emailed the dog whisperer on myspace and i havent received an email back yet. im sure he gets tons of emails a day.. i also called professional dog trainers and their prices range from 475 to 600.00. i do not have that kind of money right now due to my husbands recent job layoff. if i had the money i would get this problem fixed in a heartbeat, but that has to be put off for a couple months right now but the problem will not be ignored nor put off to the side for a long period of time because this problem does need to be fixed. but i rather my baby girls go to a good perment home whitch i found and did a home visit then one of them getting hurt.

3. harleygirl

So, after reading the other posts you do rescue work?
    If so, why post this:
    You would actually take her TO a shelter?

#1 Are they both fixed? If not, I'd get them to the vet today. They can both recoup together.

Seriously, if you block the behavior of the oldest dog and you are the Pack Leader, they should get along fine.

Example, if your oldest dog even *looks* at the puppy step in, be stern - block the behavior with a nudge or "NO". Most of the times the dogs are not exercised enough and are just bored to death and find other ways to release the built up tension. Thats what Cesar says anyway.

4. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

responce

um yeah i refuse to take them to a killing facility, is their something wrong with that? im not being sarcastic just asking.
    all of my dogs are fixed accept for my cats whitch i made an appt already to get them fixed. i am not a breeder, i have a logo on my site that says spay/neuter your pets, it saves lives, so i am against breeding! i have tried what you explained and thats why i am referring to a professional.
    they have plenty of exercise as well, i walk ALOT every morning and every afternoon with them. thats part of my exercise as well lol so they are very much well exercised etc.. i am a stay at home mom so i have plenty of time on my hands. and yes i do rescue, i used to be a foster mom for every kind of animals you can think of. i dont believe in taking animals to the shelter thats why i said i dont want to because all they do is kill after a certain amount of days!!!! i dont see anything wrong with saying that. im sure there is plenty of people that will agree with me on not taking a pet to the shelter. there was a couple people that emailed me and suggested i did and thats why i put that on the ad, i also wrote back and asked them if they fell and bumped their head! i have rehomed my 2 lil girls, i took vet refrences, i also did a home visit to make sure they went to the right home and they did. i hope you dont believe in taking a pet to the shelter!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You say you don't "want" to take her to a shelter, not that you won't. Makes it sound like you would, from the way it's worded. Just so you know Harley isn't the only one that read it that way. 8)

6. harleygirl

I swore I needed more coffee or read it wrong. I ain't stoopid :mrgreen:

So basically it was worded that way for shock value or to make someone feel bad for her situation? Got it!

Off to Raleigh! <yeah me> have a great day kdc :cheers:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You too Harley!! 8)

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

FWIW, I read it that way too, kinda like an ultimatum.

9. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

lol

yes when someone tells you to do something and you do not want to, you say you do not want to do it. and when the couple of people suggested i do that, thats when i put that in my ad.
    again i stated in my reply back to harley "i dont believe in taking animals to the shelter thats why i said i dont want to because all they do is kill after a certain amount of days!!!! i dont see anything wrong with saying that. im sure there is plenty of people that will agree with me on not taking a pet to the shelter. there was a couple people that emailed me and suggested i did and thats why i put that on the ad, i also wrote back and asked them if they fell and bumped their head!"

so no you are taking it the wrong way
    i also know this is viewable to the public, so i am aware that harley isnt the only one reading this lol
    :popcorn:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I give up!!!! You need to go back and READ what I said. The way it was worded implied that you would take the dog to the shelter. End of story.

11. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

harley

please go back and read carefully what i typed in responce. im sorry to disappoint you but i didnt need anyone to feel bad for my sitituation, my priority was to find them a permenant home. i dont understand why i have to keep repeating myself but i had a couple emails from people suggesting that i do take them to a shelter and thats why i put i do not want to.. you seem to be skipping that part when you read my responces. if you wish to take it the wrong way thats ok, but i do apologize for not wording my ad to your standards. i simply was directly that sentence to the people who suggested i do take them to a killing facility. your damn right im gona say I DO NOT WANT TO! what would you say you would lol ?
    I refuse to sentence my pets to death!
    i thought you were against kill shelters as well?

12. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

i know, i comprehended

i know this, i understand your point of view, but im trying to make you understand from my point of view as well :chillpill:

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I work for a kill shelter--- they are euthanized everyday.... sometimes it is better than the alternative. Do I love that we kill animals?? NO, do I understand that in our society with the way people are that it has to happen... yup! I hate when people act like taking an animal to the shelter is the worst thing that can happen. They get medical care, love, attention food etc... then if necessary they are put to sleep. If we didnt have the darn running faucet of overpopulation, I would be out of a job, and super thrilled....

Ok- off my tangent, long day-week-month....

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think we all "get" your point of view. So :chillpill: yourself. 8)

15. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

KDsGrandma

why are you ignoring what i typed in responce to that? an ultimatum didnt even exist !

this is the last time in going to type this.

i posted this ad and when i did there was a few people that emailed me suggesting that i take them to a shelter, that is why i put i do not want to take them to a killing facility!
    i used to take in rescued animals and be a foster parent to many furkids, many were from a killing shelter...now why would i take my own to a kill shelter? i still take in rescues, not as many as i did in the past but they are mostly males (dogs)and i still take in rescued horses into my care.

your damn straight im gona say I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THEM TO SHELTER!

one last time you are taking it the wrong way. you need to ask or actually read my responce carefully to that before you start assuming OR taking it the wrong way because that is certainly NOT what i meant at all what so ever! :)

16. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

chillin

:chillpill: chillin :)
    thank you..i did see it from your point as well, i would probably think the same way but it wasnt meant that way at all. :cheers:

17. KenlyAngel

KenlyAngel Active Member

lkj

you stated "They get medical care, love, attention food etc... then if necessary they are put to sleep" im talking about a kill shelter that puts them to sleep after so many days, like i always see on craigs list. they also have that where im from to, after a week being in the shelter they are put to sleep. hate is a harsh word especially when people have hearts as big as the earth towards animals going to killing shelters,some do think its the worst thing but i rather see people like that care then people who dont care and abuse or neglect. but i also understand about the overpopulation as well. i always say ya cant win either way.

i dislike deers being killed but i also understand about keeping the deer population down so they wont take over. its life i guess. its the truth when people say life is to short.

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Actually, they allow hunters to hunt deer not because the deer will "take over" but to keep the population controlled to prevent rapid spread of disease in the deer population and to prevent starvation due to overpopulation etc..

19. harleygirl

AND they taste good! :mrgreen:

20. harleygirl

Let me see if I can do this again for the last time.. ready... OK.....1...2...3......... GO.....hold up I need a cig..... GO........NOW....

From your ad it SEEMS LIKE if no one comes to get your pit puppy mix then you will (not that you will but you MIGHT) take it to the shelter. It's just the way you worded it, that's all I'm sayin' It plays on the emotions of people that you actually might do it unless your pet is re-homed.

See, everybody got it - good - HG O-U-T >>>>>>