La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I like 518 for the atmosphere. Not the food. If I go to 518, it's normally for a really nice night out in the capital. If i want really good italian food around here I'll go to Marco's.

2. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

518 is horrible if anything you need to go to Casa Carbone if you want to go to Raleigh. By far the oldest & best Italian Restaurant there is in Raleigh. Great people & great staff Love them Great Owners also

3. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

Casa Carbone is pretty good down home food. Marcos is OK, not as good as Veneros.

4. LI-bratz

I was just talking about a Raleigh Restaurant since Omni OneI says otherwise.
    In my opinion the one he stated is not any good that is why if you travel to Raleigh head to Casa Carbone. It is so worth the trip.
    If you head to Apex eat at moma Mias (ps its a friend of mine) great place!!!!!

5. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

just cant help yourself can ya?

6. LI-bratz

Omni,

What is your take on Veneros or the new Italian Rest. On Main St. in Clayton?

Just curious since all you talk about is the "M" word. I was wondering what your take would be on these two since you haven't brought them up.

LI-Bratz

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I second and third Casa Lingas!!!! Love that place!!! (It's up in Mini City in the Food Lion plaze behind Boston Market)..yummmm......

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Speaking of trying new restaurants and other things, ya'll should try the Ignore feature. It really works! Omni says what? Omni says what?

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I like Casa Linga also. Have you ever been there when Carmine sings? He's really good!

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone would light up a cigarette when he is done!

11. OmniOne1

I don't have a problem with Venero's. Good food, nice place. The only thing I don't like it is that it is on 70. I don't go that way very much. Just to go to Walmart and whatnot. And once the new one is built on 42 there won't be any need. I do go out of my way to go to Kobe if I'm in the mood for Japanese. But Venero's is a little outside of my range, since there are other great places on 42.

12. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Nah. He's not THAT good. 8)

13. LI-bratz

where exactly is Casa Lingas

Mini City -Food Lion in that shopping center???

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its either that one, or the one next to it... its all considered "mini-city" isn't it??

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am sorry, it still looks like someone is looking for the Colonel! :mrgreen:

I hope one day to grow-up, hopefully it will be in another 40 years!

16. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Their Mediterranean. Don't really know the exact difference but some of the dishes are the same.

Casa Linga's is good also.

17. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

an AWSOME place also is daniels pizza-pasta in apex its at US64/55 but my fav is cafe' luna thats where me and the wifey had our wedding reception! Mr Kennedy and his staff are the best around!

18. ihaveaquestion

ihaveaquestion Well-Known Member

I have been to La Piazza two times now and have been over all satisfied...
    the only thing that I didn't care for would be the bread..just a little hard for my taste

the question I have is...(pardon me if I sound stupid)...

what is the difference between a stromboli and a calzone?

19. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

for the most part riccotta cheese, not a stupid question

20. OmniOne1

Calzones have ricotta cheese. Whereas stromboli's have pizza sauce, no riccotta.