La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

hught. I don't get what u r saying maybe it is over my head.
    I would like to try this place that was suggested on my Wed. night outting just need to know location so I can get there.

R u aware if it is mini city or elsewhere thanks

2. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

thanks omni for correcting my spelling, now only if someone could correct your arrogance, by the way, they both come with marinara sauce on the side. I think it is a bit better then pizza sauce- omni any more corrections for me? By the way omni, I have been a small business manager for over 15 years, how does Marcos feel about your postings? If I were them I would be very upset with you. You have done them more harm then help. Slandering one business for the good of another just does not work. If I owned Marcos I would tell you thank you very much but shut your mouth.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Wow. Personal attacks! Ouch.

Your welcome for the correction of your spelling.

Secondly, I ment that pizza sauce is put INSIDE of the stromboli. Normally most places do serve it with a side of marinara sauce. I personally like cold pizza sause to dip it in. It goes well with the hot stromboli.

How many italian places do you own? Just curious. Since your a small business owner and all.

4. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

read it again, never said I owned a business. And if I am guessing correctly about you, you have something to do with Marcos.

5. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

Must be an owner to Marcos why else has he been able to slander another restaurant & only one other that he thinks competes with him

Has not mentioned one word about any other Italian rest. in the JOCO area.

What r u going to say about Carrabas or Olive Garden when they build right next to you???

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

of course he has some connection with Marco's...and not only that, but he has yet to post on any other thread, but this one

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yeah.. no one can love one particular restaurant that much for no reason.
    Personally I really like Piccola Italia at Cameron Village, downtown Raleigh. I will say that LaPiazza does have a great veal parm, and we definitely will go back, and I do like the breadsticks they serve. But...outside of the North End in Boston, Piccola Italia has the best veal parm I've had since I moved here 11 years ago. Piccola also has the nice small italian restaurant feel to it, Marco's is like walking into a fast food italian joint, it doesn't have the comfy cozy feel to it. La Piazza has a great comfy cozy feel, that was my first impression when we walked in and were seated.

http://www.piccolaitalianc.com

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hey LI-bratz, yes, it is in the Food Lion Shopping center there used to be a Winn Dixie in there as well but I think it is a pool place or something like that now?????? Casa Linga is tucked away in a corner down closer to Food Lion, perhaps 3 or 4 doors down from H & R Block, I also think there was a Jersey Mikes on the other side of them. (I haven't been there in about 2 years so those are the landmarks that I do remember and am not sure if they are still there or not..:?)

9. KellBell

oh yes,one of my favorites, we frequent there for lunch. Love it.

And I think alot of people miss what we are saying on here about La Piazza. It's an outstanding place for us to have close to home. An option, instead of driving into raleigh to all the other wonderful places. No one has claimed it to be the best ever, the best one in 4 counties, the best in the State. It's just a great place, to have yummy Italian and I can drink a couple of glasses of wine and not worry about driving so far. :mrgreen: it's all about me, what can I say? ;):p

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. KellBell

are you agreeing that its all about me tassy? teehee
    ;)

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ofcourse I am...ROFL

:lol:

13. le

le Well-Known Member

:shock: Drunk/buzzed driving is dangerous and illegal no matter how far you have to go.

14. KellBell

2 glasses of wine doesn't make me drunk or buzzed, BUT THANKS!!!

15. le

le Well-Known Member

You were the one that mentioned being worried about it. ;)

16. KellBell

I sure did, but I never said anything about being drunken or buzzed, so simma down over there missy....:p

put that dusty 'ol halo back in the box....nice try. :lol:

17. le

le Well-Known Member

It ain't a halo, it is a soapbox.

18. KellBell

my bad....:jester:

19. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

I have eaten there twice now, once for lunch and once for dinner, and was thoroughly disappointed both times. Both times the food took a long time to come out, but I can accept this if the food is worth the wait. It absolutely was not. The lunch meal I had (a calzone) was bland and barely above room temperature. My mom's spaghetti was not very tasty either and she ended up not even asking for a container to pack up the rest of the meal to take with her (and there was more than half of it left).

My father-in-law took his wife, me and my husband there for dinner a couple of weeks ago. The wait to get a seat was 30 minutes longer than they initially told us. Our waitress was horrible. My father-in-law ordered a bottle of wine and she only brought out one glass to him. She nearly spilled our drinks several times when she came over to put stuff on our table. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was overcooked and chewy, and our food was, again, bland and uninteresting. None of us were impressed. I was hoping that the lunch meal I had there was a one-time thing and that the dinner would be better, but I can say with certainty that we will not be spending any more money there.

20. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how everyone can be so thick. I post of alot of threads. The only two Italian places in the 4042 area are La Piazza, and Marcos. I don't like La Piazza. I do like Marco's. Stop being so dramatic. I don't have a problem with Olive Garden. Except they are a corporation. So of course it isn't as personal. Never tried that other place.