C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

Sherrynewm is rude? Her? After all the sarcastic posts she recevied amongst the good ones?? Please............If anything, people were being rude to her. Her last response hit it on the head.......She couldn't have been more right.

Maybe some of our more sarcastic ones here need to recollect and CHILL a bit and answer a question like thay have some amount of sense. Not like a sarcastic kid looking for a laugh or a chance to make newcomers uncomfortable......

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Some of you need to seriously lighten up. It's an internet message board for crying out loud. Grow a funny bone! Life it too short to take it so dang serious! :jester:

3. Clif

Clif Guest

Please point to a single rude post (other than mine responding to her rudeness).

At the time of this writing, there were 22 posts in this thread.

2 from sherrynewm

1 offering the C3 thread.

2 offering the C3 web link.

4 suggesting that she not ask for opinion, but should check out the church personally.

3 suggesting that starting a discussion about C3 was opening a can of worms.

3 from people waiting for the trolls to show up.

And a few unrelated (comments about other posts).

The only one that even came close to sarcasm was my first post, which was more an attempt at humour. And yet sherrynewm, in her second post, described most of us as immature.

Now, tell me again, who is rude?

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I have two. How about you?
    just made a funny!:lol:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    hello...blessed.... who was rude?

6. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I don't feel like we were trying to be rude. I just was trying to help her avoid all of the horrible discussions we have had in the past. My sentiment was to try the church out for herself, and that would be the best judge. But, looking at past posts, that is not where the discussion would end. So, if trying to warn her about the can she was opening on herself was rude or immature, I apologize. But, believe me, it can save you a lot of trouble to listen.

7. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I am not a member of C3 but here are the facts I have learned by attending, talking with C3 members and research with Baptist State Convention and Southern Baptist Church:
    1) It is a mega church. very successful by many standards - critized by many
    2) they are affiliated with N.C. Baptist State Convention and Southern Baptist Convention
    3) they sell Starbucks coffee in their cafe
    4) big screen video
    5) contemporary services
    6) Pastor Rick was/or will be shown on video (pre taped message) during his absence
    7) members I have talked with know very little about the finances of C3
    8) a mega church run by elders. not run by members serving on committee.
    I suggest you attend and make your own decision. C3 is loved by many based on their success. Only you and your family should decide whether it is the church you worship.

8. sherrynewm

sherrynewm Guest

WOW, didn't mean to strike a nerve here today. Hope everyone has a great evening. :cheers:

9. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

Facts?? Gheez!!
    Right off the top of my head........
    the coffee shop isn't even open yet and the pastor's name is Matt.
    So much for your so-called facts.......and I don't even go to C3.
    And you expect me to listen to anything else you have to say...??
    For cryin' out loud. Why can't you just suggest to people that they go and see for themselves rather than post things that aren't true.
    Some people here are so full of BS and gossip it's ridiculous.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  10. Clif

Clif Guest

You have got to be kidding.

Paris Hilton is hot? Sorry, but to be hot, you need a little depth, a thing which Ms. Hilton is sadly lacking.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

That ain't paris.. titties too big

12. KellBell

you beat me to it...

lol

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Clearly clif must be a butt man to not know the general size of Paris Hilton's lack of chest. :lol:

14. Clif

Clif Guest

There are more important aspects to a woman than body parts.

Ok, so who is it? (yes, I see now, it's not Paris Hilton. Darn monitor resolution)

15. KellBell

I don't think its anyone, actually, well she is someone with blonde hair and big boobs and PRM thinks alot of her.8)

16. golfhound

golfhound Active Member

I recently heard about all the commotion about C3 on this web site so I decided to check it out for myself, the web site that is. I have been a member of C3 for a little over 2 years now. I have read a lot of negative comments on here about C3. From what I gather, most of those making the negative comments have never even been to C3.

C3 started like most other churches, in a school cafeteria. I think that was 9 years ago. By many standards, it has grown much more rapidly than a lot of other churches. Until we recently moved into our new facility, we were up to 4 services. Now we have 2.

C3 is not for everyone. It took me a while to get use to it as I grew up in a much smaller Baptist church. It is a "non denominational" church in the sense that all are welcome, but our core values are based on our faith in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on the cross for our sins. We believe that the bible is God's inspired word and is without error. We believe there is only one way to heaven. You ask God into your heart, believe that he died on the cross for your sins, and ask him to forgive you of all your sins.

The purpose of C3 is to offer "real hope for real people in a real world". Many of the traditional churches around are now offering contemporary services. Our world has drastically changed and we must change with it.

As others have said, try it for yourself. The good thing is that you are searching for a church home. God is smiling.

17. dolittle

dolittle Guest

C3

I wouldn't ask that question on here, it is like asking if you should try and walk and chew gum at the same time. Some will say try it and others will say don't. Make up your own mind, and see what happens!!!:lol:

18. PoohBear

redicuilous? what's that?

19. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

Better a typo than lies.
    I corrected it for you.
    I guess if I spent more time reading some things in this forum I'd have more opportunities to comment on how ridiculous some of you people can get around here.

20. PoohBear

So Matt is the pastors name and the cafe is not open yet. Can you correct any of my other facts about C3?