A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

It does look good. You're much braver than I am, because I can only imagine what mine would look like if I cut it.8) Oh, I understand about the getting tired of wearing it up, because that's why I cut mine off. I wore it up everyday, and that defeats the purpose of long hair.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you look 10 years younger!! It looks great! Gorgeous dahling!

Long hair makes you look old anyways....unless you are 25 and under....and what's the point in having it if you just keep it pulled back....I bet DH loves it!

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

DH will NOT love it. He hates short hair :roll: What I did he will consider too short. But I tell him... I'll stop cutting mine when he stops cutting his. Hey... I like something to grab hold of too. :twisted:

4. KellBell

well your hair in that picture, is not short, I don't care what he says, and if you are going to start wearing it down (since it looks so lovely) he may appreciate your 'short' hair more. It looks so soft and healthy. :mrgreen:

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We gottalotta folks lurking today ...

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm feeling the urge to smack the @##$% out of some people right now. :twisted:

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more girl. I hate to see women in their mid to late 40's and older trying to wear their hair like they are 20. You can get stylish haircuts that are age appropriate.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey, no it don't! :lol: I'm gonna grow mine to my hiney! :mrgreen:

9. KellBell

sorry but long hair does make you look old, if your over 25....:)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe not everyone, but it sure didn't help me any. I was absolutely embarrassed at the number of people who either told me I looked 10 years younger, or asked me if I lost weight when I cut mine last fall. :oops:

11. KellBell

See there!!! you're right though, it does make you look older. And if you are over 30-35, it really ages you.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

me too! maybe not to my hiney though....DH would have crap if I cut mine short... he loves long hair.. too short looks butch to us both. Don't get me wrong, there are a few tasteful short styles out there.. but not many that I've ever really liked and I always go back to the trauma of being 5 years old with hair down to my hiney and my aunt cut it into a "dorothy hammil", remember that one? I cried for days and wouldn't go to school.

13. KellBell

I think we have different versions of what is 'short'. Nsane's hair in her picture she posted about 3 pages back, is NOT SHORT.

14. harleygirl

REALLY?

brb.....

Don't won't no stalkers - LOL!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

no thats not "short", to me that would be medium length... my longest layer is probably about an inch or so below my bra strap and, mine is what I consider "long" and judging by what I get charged for color or highlights, I can only guess most hairstylists consider it long too. I remember at just a little longer than this, I used to get my hair spiral permed... it used to take that poor girl a while.. and those rods got so heavy!

BTW .. nsane, I think you did a good job.. looks mah-vel-ous!!

16. KellBell

and thats what I was talking about, short, not the dorothy hamill short. Though there are some great styles that are short. When I was saying long hair looks old, and it does, if its not styled, all one length, kept pulled back, it ages you, alot.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Harley, you are NOT a good example! :lol: You are the exception to the rule, don't rub it in!! :cheers:

18. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

HG, is that your DH? I've always wondered what he looked like. I expected dark hair but he is a cutie pie! :)

19. harleygirl

I'm just sayin' :mrgreen:
    I had my hair short (shoulder length) ONCE and swore it would NEVER happen again. I looked like an idiot! Curly hair = afro on me :banghead:

20. harleygirl

Yep that's him.