C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

C other post. :?

2. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

jenna-C3's core beliefs are as follows:

(1) The reason we do what we do is because of what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross.
    (2) Everything we do has a purpose that has come as a result of prayer. Our desire is to give God our best and do all things with excellence.
    (3) As a church, we are committed to corporate prayer, personal prayer, and fasting.
    (4) Our desire is to send people out to be missionaries locally and worldwide. We are also committed to providing resources and prayer for all of the missionaries that God leads us to support.
    (5) We know that everyone matters to God. Therefore, all people are welcome and loved at our church.
    (6) We seek to meet peoples' needs…wherever they are. At our church, the unchanging Gospel is communicated as timely, practical, and applicable.
    (7) We believe that the Bible is God's inspired word and is without error. While our theology is conservative, our methods are progressive.

I don't know how to do the block quote thing sorry
    I think the core beliefs are good but what about the rest?

What about praying in tounges & laying hands? Corporately praying & fasting is fine but it is God who leads you to do this. This is a committment that God himself will ask you personally to fulfill for him.

Everyone should know without a doubt that we all matter to the JC himself. We all come from the same father in heaven. We just come in different forms (so to speak)

Thanks for posting the churches main beliefs b/c that will answer a lot of questions right there for this forum

3. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

not posted towards anyone in general....

Proverbs 16:28
    Troublemakers start fights; gossips break up friendships

Proverbs 16:27
    Mean people spread mean gossip; their words smart and burn.

Leviticus 19:16
    "Don't spread gossip and rumors. "Don't just stand by when your neighbor's life is in danger. I am God.

Exodus 23:1
    "Don't pass on malicious gossip. "Don't link up with a wicked person and give corrupt testimony. Don't go along with the crowd in doing evil and don't fudge your testimony in a case just to please the crowd. And just because someone is poor, don't show favoritism in a dispute.

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

I have a question for you: Can I not get just as much "self-help" from the AAA or some other "self-help" program? The Christian book store shelves are loaded with "self-help" books. Robert Schuller's book, "The Power of Posititive Thinking", is one of many.

5. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

My initial post to Pooh was to the point and very clear, not ******* at all. It's only when someone comes back with more senseless and juvenile drivel that I decide to pull out the "How to be a Total *******" book.
    Have a great day. (And maybe toughen up a little bit. Perhaps one day you'll outgrow your sensitive constitution and not be so easily offended by my ******* remarks.)

:popcorn:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  6. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

to be posting on a thread about a church you sure do have a potty mouth.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

most of us are just burnt out from this topic, if new people would utilize the SEARCH option on here, we would never see a 'NEW" C3 thread, ever again and that would help 90% of us to 'lighten up'. The ones that are 'sensitive', well they have a special place too.:)

8. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Hi Li-bratz!!

1Cor 14:39, 40
    Therefor, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in toungues. But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

1Cor 14:27, 28
    If anyone speaks in a toungue, two-or at the most three-should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.

Personally, I have never met any who proved that they could or even claimed that they could interpret what was being said.
    1Cor 14 pretty much explains it.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

<Cleo hurries into her sweats, to take up jogging> LMAO!!! ;)

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Stop, you're taking away from the magic. I love those turn lane posts!

11. Clif

Clif Guest

Nope. Self help is a misnomer. The fact that you need help in the first place shows that you cannot provide to yourself the help you need to begin with.

Sorry, but "The Power of Positive Thinking" is Norman Vincent Peale's book.

12. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

13. Clif

Clif Guest

It is. One cannot help themselves if the help they seek is in a book written by someone else.

That's your opinion not based on any fact.

I'm not entirely sure why you have a problem with people who suggest you should believe in yourself. Is this another one of your sins?

Plain and simple, the point is you are (yet again) wrong.

14. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ormly [​IMG]
    Sorry, it is not a misnomer if that is all that is accomplished.

Clif
    So how many self-help books are on your shelf that guide your inadequate reasoning?

Sorry, that is fact. They even knew one another. How 'bout that? They were friends. Would you like to know of other "new age' writer-thinkers that make up the Schuller model that C3 & co., embrace?

You aren't really sure about anything, running on fumes, and yet you persist in telling others they are wrong.

You say so and offer nothing.

15. KellBell

that is your answer to EVERYTHING everytime you post....you tell everyone how wrong they are, and then OFFER NOTHING....you tell everyone your views on religion, yet offer nothing.....

I wish you truly would just go away

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Ormly is a fine example of why women shouldn't drink while they are pregnant.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Now why would I have any books labeled "self help". Did you not read my comments in reference to how I felt about people who seek self help from books written by others?

I am sure you are an idiot who has nothing better to do than post negative things about a church you are unfamiliar with. I am sure your professed knowledge of scripture has been proven time and again to be partially or wholly incorrect.

18. KellBell

:hurray:

19. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

You have ridiculed everything I have offered. Why should I be eager to offer more?

20. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member