The right thing to do...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by rushlow2004, Feb 28, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OMG!! What was she thinking??? The cats growling like crazy and she keeps jiggling him! She's lucky she's still got a face! :p

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

awww, poor kitty being bounced around - it gave her plenty of hints it wasn't pleased with being held/the way she was handling it. Surprised that someone from the shelter didn't advise her, before hand, to hold the kitty nicely. Neither of my cats would appreciate that bouncing - however, only one would be likely to draw blood from you for doing it.

Some people are clueless. . .which probably covers about 75% of the injuries that people suffer from dogs and cats. . .

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

its definitely a good thing being able to "read" your cat, and knowing when playing has turned to "i've had enough" and am gonna get mad in 1 second.. and thats all it takes before a tooth or a claw are sunk in.

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Cats, it's all in the movement of the tail and them there ears. As for the dogs, it's with the whole friggin body.:)

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought that woman was going to cry!

6. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

I did too Cleo. It really hurts when they do that and to be on live TV. I feel bad for her. Must not be a cat person. Dang! That cat was almost as big as she was - she never had a chance:lol::?

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Accually he looked just like Garfield too, he was a very big and very pretty cat. My friend is my dad that was doing this..back in the day when I was young he would have never fed stray cats and he would have never taken in the other one that he did all the vet care that he did for her. My dad told me last night when he went to check on him in the cage that he (cat) was crying, like to be let out cause he was scared. I don't think the out come will be good for the cat and my dad knows that. It was still heart breaking when you try to do the best and it didn't work.
    Sheri

8. rushlow2004

I knew you would tell me more on what would happen..so since we don't know who owned the cat...this just breaks my heart to know what they are going to do..even though I think he did the right thing by trapping it..I noticed last night it bothered him more then he was first letting on when the cat bit him.
    Sheri

9. rushlow2004

Is there anyway for you to find out what they ended up doing with the cat?
    Sheri

10. rushlow2004

I told them that months ago that the cat was most likely feral and that he wouldn't be able to tame him down..the cat just started a few weeks ago with the aggression, well he always hissed when we saw him, but he would run after that as well..he only got that way when my Dad would go to feed him, like run right out of the busch's and grab his hand..like he was starving to dealth..it just so happend that day he got him good. When he wasn't feeding him the cat would roll around on the ground and "talk" only to my dad..so this is why it was hard for him.
    Sometimes even though it's the right thing to do, it doesn't feel that way..and it's hard for me and I wasn't even the one that fed him.
    Sheri

11. rushlow2004

My dad has two Ragdoll cats, and one was got for him 2 years ago and he is a very very big baby, and they aren't kidding when they named them Ragdolls..they are just like that.
    You can do anything to him, rub his belly hold him like a baby on his back..anything you can do and that cat loves to be brushed, no matter where you are in the house he comes a running lol..and they don't shed hardly at all. Which my mom loves lol. The new one is more like a cat, cat..she isn't as laid back as the other one, but you can still do anything to her as well. Very pretty cats, and if I could afford one I would have one..just last night my daughter told my dad she was taken the male home with her and he was like I don't think so lol.
    Sheri

12. MommySAIDno

The male ragdoll sounds like a big Maine Coon cat I had years ago. He was the sweetest thing in the world and you could do anything to him. Once, I even dressed him up in a doll dress - was WAY before I had kids :oops: But he was fine with it. He was diabetic and even though he got shots, we came home one day and found him dead, still warm, by the food dish. I cried for weeks. Loved that cat. I STILL miss him and it's been over 13 years since he died. Believe it or not, DH rescued him on the side of a road that big trucks are often on. He was all ears, looked like Gizmo from Gremlins. That was before DH and I were married - just dating. My Mom was SO thrilled about it. NOT! At least I took him with me when I moved out though:lol:

When my current precious kitty goes to the rainbow bridge, I am going to seek out another male Maine Coon. Current female kitty does NOT appreciate other animals of any kind. She is the QUEEN around here. I don't want to do anything to make her mad enough to "act out". She is about 12 years old and set in her ways.

13. MommySAIDno

I love how big the maine coon cats get too. Found this pic on photobucket. Not my kitty but mine was about this big. He was the grey color though with hints of red.

[​IMG]

14. rushlow2004

Now that cat is big, lol
    We looked at the main coon and my mom didn't like it as much as the ragdoll cats.
    Banit is about 16 pounds right now and he still has two more years of growing to go, they aren't fully mature till they are 4 years old.
    In two years he has never scratched or bit or even moewed to anyone.
    He does play games with my dad though..he is a great cat, just very expensive to get one.
    Sheri

15. MommySAIDno

Sounds like a sweet kitty. My Sis has some friends who have a pair and they adore them. How much do they run anyway?

[​IMG]

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I LOVE MY MAIN COON!!!! Sassy is her name and it fits VERY WELL. She's absolutely the most beautiful cat I've ever had / seen. Wish I knew how to post her picture on here, but I'm dumb like that :mrgreen::oops:

She is currently 22 pounds and it's all LOVE baby!

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If you want to email it to me, I will post it for you. I love kitties, esp Maine Coon but my son is allergic. No more kitties for me. :(

cleopatra@4042.com

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Cool! I'm sending a couple over! Thank you so much!!!

19. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

There is ragdoll or ragdoll mix on Craigslist right now for $150.