Should smoking be banned in public places?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lucidity, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

There are some resturants like that, but after one time of eating in them you know not to go back if it bothers you.

Usually the places we go like La Cocina, etc. with our kids, or nicer resturants around Clayton, you can't smell it or we go to Cary or Raleigh to places where it isn't allowed.

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I can agree with that and I'm the smoker here. Sometimes I look and I'm like, whats the point.....like the smoke isn't gonna blow over there????

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me 2. Hey smoker (cough) (hack hack) (cough) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

yeah, (hack hack, gotta light?)
    in fact, let me go OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW and take a smoke break.... care to join me HG? :lol:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey thanks, sure I will. :lol:

I smoke inside :twisted:

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

can I just vent 1 more time since I'm speaking about going to smoke. Of course we can't smoke in the office, so they send us to the back of the building outside..... thats fine...... now we have 3 entrances to the building... where do you think ALL the NON SMOKERS want to go in the building at?????? and then they walk by and cough acting like we are bothering them! THAT ****ES ME OFF SO BAD AND I WILL BLOW SMOKE IN YA FACE IF YOUR THAT STUPID! :jester:GO TO ONE OF THE OTHER ENTRANCES!
    ok, thaNks, now let me go smoke. :lol:

7. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Should smoking be banned in public places?
    yes

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

well, I've been a smoker for too long now, but I NEVER smoke at restaurants....it's just not polite.

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:twisted:

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I smoke outside, and in my car. At work we have a smoke room..don't hear of those any more..we always joke at work that all the cool people smoke lol..I think some of them accually believe it.
    As far as eating out, I don't smoke anyways, cause my daughter hates that when we are eating..she ask me to stop all the time..I just haven't done it yet.
    Congrats to all that have stopped and are still going strong!!! :)
    One of these days I will, just don't want to..sad huh?
    I think of the money I would save as well.
    Sheri

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I can't stand that either...just bothers me when they do that.
    Sheri

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

here are my stats, I couldn't get to them earlier when everyone else was posting:

I have been quit for 1 Year, 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 8 hours, 42 minutes and 35 seconds (604 days). I have saved $1,057.62 by not smoking 6,043 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 23 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 7/9/2006 8:57 AM

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ok, here's my 2 cents . . .

1. Why are ya'll hating on fat people again?

2. I don't smoke but I'd much rather sit in a restaurant and smell others smoke than I had to listen to some whiney azz youngins and watch them go to the buffet over and over again without a parent.

I'm done. Thanks!

14. Lucidity

Lucidity Well-Known Member

I've decided to take up smoking and quit drinking after this thread....:cheers:

To all a good nite!

15. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

Cheers!:cheers:

16. tawiii

tawiii Guest

When I use to smoke I hated when I had to sit next to someone who felt the need to tell me about hating smoking. Now that I have quit smoking, I hate when people feel the need to tell me about hating smoking.

When I go out, I make an educated evaluation as to whether I want to go somewhere that people are allowed to smoke or not. I consider that being an adult. Anyhow, I figure there are way too many places that do not allow people to smoke to whine about going somewhere that does. That's just pure ignorant!

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

18. ws

ws Well-Known Member

hell no, public places are paid for with taxes? i will smoke if i want to. i try to be a respectful smoker ie. i wont smoke around other people if i know they dont like it, i wont smoke around my kids/wife, etc. if someone would ask me nicely " excuse me sir, but would you mind putting out your smoke, it is bothering me " i would either put it out or go somewhere else. but no, people are just closet b1tchers.

19. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

There is also something to be said for the enjoyment of those who smoke and want to enjoy a cigarette at the table after a meal.

Is there some reason you feel that your enjoyment of dinner supercedes someone elses?

How big is the gun that is being held to your head as you eat in these restaurants that allow smoking?

20. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member