Yummi Japan

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UWISH, Mar 4, 2008.

1. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

Went there for lunch today and it was pretty good. The portions are smaller then New Japan Express and it took awhile to get the food prepared but it was good! Their Visa machine wasn't working so either cash or check will do. Personally I like New Japan at White Oak better but know Yummi needs some time to work the kinks out so I will try again in a few weeks.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Went to YJ today. Shrimp soba and philly rolls. sushi made to order. Shrimp soba had about 3/4 pound of shrimp. Tasted great. much closer than NJE, esp at 3.17 a gallon. Glad YJ is open.

3. Hatteras6

soba is a special type of noodle. C6 lived in Japan for a while, and recalls how special the soba noodles were then. For japanese food, she uses soba as her litmus test. Good soba = contnniue to eat there. bad soba = no more..

4. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Must be ITCHEEBON.

5. Hatteras6

ichi ban, wakarimsu ka?

6. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

Went there for dinner tonight. The rice was really good, as were the scallops. The steak was a little bland but otherwise I would say i would go there again. I ordered the Philly Roll sushi, but haven't tried it yet (eyes bigger than my stomach). I'll probably have that for lunch tomorrow - looks really good and everyone there was really friendly. Glad to have something closer than White Oak. :)

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Where is this place?

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Near Food Lion at 40/42, between Great Clips and the nail place. I had the hibachi scallops, and they were good.

9. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! It's good to have another place to eat in the neighborhood!! :)

10. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

We ate there yesterday for lunch. I got Scallops with Soba noodbles and my husband got the Teryaki chicken. We also got a spring roll to split. My scallops and soba noodles were absolutely delicious. The scallops were large and tasty and the soba noodles were great. My husband said that his was good. Our son had some of both and liked them too. He kept asking me for "more spaghetti". Great to have a new place to eat in the area. I wish them the best.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Best I have ever had was while I was in England. There was this little cart type kiosk in londan and the little oriental lady that ran it made everything fresh each morning, and when she ran out of food, she would close up for the day.

Most of the soba noodles I've seen and eaten around here had a "greasy" taste to them.

Craig

12. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

The boys and I ate there for supper tonight. It was good. We got the yummi rolls to split - good. And oldest DS and I got hibachi shrimp & steak - and The short one got hibachi chicken & scallops - good.
    $35 for all that.
    Even had a little bit of leftovers.

13. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

I got the Hibatchi chicken, It was sooo good. The kids meals are awesome too. You really get a lot of ood for the money and the food reminds me of KOBE but half the price.

14. shellbell516

shellbell516 Active Member

We got to go from there on Thursday night. One Hibachi Steak, Shrimp and Chicken and one Hibachi Chicken. Both were very good, but not as many veggies as New Japan Express. It's nice having something closer to home. Next time, I'll just order extra veggies.

15. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Went there for lunch last week. Was ok. I like NJE better, but will go here if not going to White Oak.

Frogger

16. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

we have tried it and thought it was good.... a new option anyway for take out at 42.....