Show off, picture time

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by mnredsky, Mar 7, 2008.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Here's my maine coon....Ms. Sassy. She is 23 pounds and almost bigger than my 2 year old. The name fits her perfect too...SASSY, but she is helping me so much with the sadness of losing Samantha!

Share your favorite pics

[​IMG]

Thank you Cleo for helping a technology challenged person today! LOL

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

She is a pretty kitty! Y/W!

3. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

You better keep her locked up or I'm gonna steal her. BEAUTIFUL KITTY! Wonder if my Ms. Diva would really freak if I got another Maine Coon.:?

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I wonder if I could get one, put an underground fence collar on it, and let it patrol my yard for wayward neighborhood cats. Those cats look buff!

5. MommySAIDno

Well, my male (altered) was the biggest cat I've had and he was also the biggest baby. Wouldn't count on one for too much protection. :lol:

He would, however, pick at my long haired pom mix. They were so cute. Kitty would be on a chair and dog walk by. Kitty would reach down and pop doggie and then look away as if he didn't do it. We used to laugh at the boxing matches those two had with each other.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My maine coon, Destani, was SUCH a gentle giant but he was the most blond-acting cat I've ever met. His nickname was Desti-twit. He was a light orange fuzzball ... I'll have to see if I can dig up any pictures. Maine coons have always been my favorite breed of cat ... so chock-full of personality, every inch and pound!!

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

She is a beaut! :)

8. Local Mom

Local Mom Member

Coon Cat

Hey, I had one of those for 16 years. His name was Fry and out of all the cats I've ever owned, he had the most personality. When we moved out to the country I thought he'd get to end his days in peace but sadly, a stupid teenager walked her 3 dogs past our house (only 1 on a leash) and the other two attacked Fry in our open garage as we fought to save him. Didn't make it. They crushed his windpipe. We still miss that cat for he definitely made an impression.
    They really are HUGE! Very smart too. I saw Fry (who was declawed) smack a small dog in the head one time and the dog yelped and ran away. LOL
    Sorry about Samantha.

9. MommySAIDno

Yep! Yep! Mine was "blonde" too. Never seen a clumsier cat. He'd try to WALK from one chair to another and somehow end up falling in a most "unflattering" style. :lol:

My favorite thing about him was that I could go out in the yard after dark and call him. I'd hear him scale the back fence and come galloping (yes - he galloped) to me all the way through the yard. I could hear him because with every contact his front paws made with the ground I'd hear this "purr" noise. Something kind of like "Puuurrrrdddt.....purrrrrdddt....purrrrrdddt....purrrrrdddt! Until he'd leap into my arms and nudge my face, then lay over my shoulder like a huge rag doll and purr all the way inside.
    [​IMG]

Oh! I do miss that cat so very much!!:cry::cry::cry:

10. MommySAIDno

:x:evil::cuss::cry:

11. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

We had a weekend house on the river when I was little and one of our neighbors there had an outdoor Maine Coone called Baby. I used to play with her all the time, she was beautiful and sweet. After one weekend we were 2 hours away at home in Va. Beach and we hear this meowing. We looked all over the yard and finally saw Baby sitting under the car. Apparently she had crawled up into or under the car and somehow rode all that way! I remember I absolutely loved having her for the week and even my Dad, who hates cats, thought she deserved a nice long rest.