C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Shut off the Dern lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking about getting a petition going to get them to shut off the lights - except for the one on the cross - I will not begrudge them that. That's one light not one hundred.

I am sick and tired of feeling and looking like I live by Disney World - heck - they even have the sense enough to shut off the lights late at night!!!

don't BS me it is for security purposes. I am certain there is an alarm systems there -plus there are folks - maybe officers or security sitting in the parking lot at night......WHY?

Shut off the lights at a resonable hour. Please.

2. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

What time do they shut the lights off pepper?

They probably have security b/c they are pizzing people off, haha.

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

1. God didn't command it, Jesus did.

Indeed. Do you? I say you are disobedient to what God commanded. Why an issue made out of it to take it where you take it; as something He purposely does simply because he knows you won't do it? Thats stupid reasoning.
    And you no doubt will be one who will continue to wait. Thats a pity. I am sure BIOLA never taught you that warped way.

Again, your ignorance is showing. You are here only to mock; looking for ways to justisfy your own unbelief. A greater pity to be sure.

4. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm sorry. In my faith, Jesus is God (and vice versa).

What's stupid reasoning is accepting it because you don't want to think about it.

Actually they did. I'm sorry if your sixty years of seminary was so limited.

Says the person who asked me if I had fruit under my fig leaf.

5. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Again, for all your bragging you don't know much; can't make distinctions.

The fact I have thought about has lead me to that conclusion. Your reasoning is stupid.

Then I call you a liar.

What else can be spoken from one who waits for the simple elementary teachings of Jesus Christ to be explained to him..

6. peppercorns

They NEVER shut the lights off!!!!! - until dawn.

That's my point. Wasteful with the donated money, I'd say.

I refuse to let this go, C3. Shut off the lights after 11 unless you have a special function. There is no need. It is called light polution.

7. Clif

Clif Guest

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Nope, not too many distinctions there.

The conclusion that I am "disobedient to what God commanded"? What led you to that conclusion?

I have been called worse, and equally as untrue.

If they are so simple and elementary, why has mankind argued for 2000 years over their meanings? If it's so simple and elementary, you should have no problem explaining either the story of the fig tree or the story of Job. Take your pick, I'll wait for your simple and elementary explanation.

8. Clif

Clif Guest

I asked this question before, but don't remember your answer.

Have you ever gone to the church and complained to someone who could do something about it?

9. peppercorns

yes - someone was supposed to be looking into it and that was a few months ago. i am really running out of patience.

10. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Seems like there should have been something mentioned in the zoning of the property or the new building permit regarding the lights affecting neighbors. Maybe try the permit or zoning office to see about lights.?

11. peppercorns

I'm going to go to town hall and try to find out something soon.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

I thought they were outside of the town limits.

13. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Call the County manager, Rick Hester 919-989-5100. If he refuse to help ask him for Commissioner Pope's telephone number. Ask her for help.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I feel for you Pep, I also see you every Thursday night when I drive by to/from Orchestra.
    I could not see your house from the road before. I'll sign your petition.

15. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

Just to try and bring things into perspective; I drive by C3 many times throughout the week and often times at night and notice that the lights are off.
    I have no doubt that they are bothersome when they are on late at night but it certainly isn't every night.

16. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

air rifle

17. peppercorns

This is a blatent attempt to make C3 sound innocent. I live Directly in the area and I have been outside of my house EVERY SINGLE NIGHT- except when I was ill -
    Those lights are NEVER OFF - at 10 PM, 12 AM, 2 AM and 3 AM whenever - they are on.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt by saying - you were not actually looking for the lights to see if they were on AND that perhaps you thought it was a glow worm or something else that lit up that section of cleveland road.
    And please note that I take personal offense to you attemping to make me into a liar.

not good.

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

They most certainly are on EVERY Thursday @ 8:45PM when I drive by.

19. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

There are times when I drive by at night and they are off. They are on at other times.......Good grief!!:chillpill:

20. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Lets qualify it: None that you are able to recognize.

The Word didn't become flesh for 4k yrs. and then not untill after His resurrection. But you woudn't know much about that given your present state of denial..

Are you saying you are obedient?

Doesn't surprise me you should believe that. Deception does that sort of thing.
    Nope. The books are there if you have a problem. Study to show yourself approved of God.