C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Philo

Philo Well-Known Member

And That's All I Have to Say About That ...

For Brother "Ormly" and those who sit at his feet, you might want to read this: http://www.victorious.org/critical.htm.

By the way, Ormly, take a look at the first 13 verses of Romans 15, when you finish Romans 14.

Meanwhile, Ormly, all us postmoderns and emergents will be praying for you. I'm sure it's lonely when you feel that you're the only one who has things figured out.

2. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Contentious?? Is that what my observations are? How about the fact that lives are at stake? If you saw you brother walking to the edge of a precipice he doesn't realize is there, would you walk along side him or cut across his path? OMT. What do you know about the "Emergent church" and their religious views?

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Criticism or spiritual judgment?

" But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? . . . ." 1 Corinthians 2:15-16 (KJV)

Do you have the Mind of Christ? Those who do are lonely because they are few in number. The rest have embraced the world's ways, as you have and are heading in the wrong direction.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  4. Philo

Philo Well-Known Member

Cleaning Woman!

When you get a break from walking on the water, O, check out that link. I'm sure it'll get your blood pumping.

Back to my worldly ways...:hurray:

5. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

I have, enough to know you are skating on thin ice.

I am a Pentecostal. My folks read the Pentecostal Evangel before you were born. . . . I did too. Changes have taken place in todays religious organizations you wish to believe is OK. That is your perogative. Just don't question me for questioning whats going on because I have been where you are. I am equipped to recognize what you don't.

Excerpted from your link:

"
    Many cults refer to themselves as a church, but are really not a Christian church at all. For instance, while the name "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" (The Mormons), sounds like a legitimate Christian group, yet it is not. Neither are the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is another group that appears to have Christian similarities. Both groups are considered cults whose beliefs are not consistent with orthodox Christianity. Most of the time, a false church will publicly promote themselves as just another church, but will usually claim to have an exclusive revelation of truth that others don't have. Beware of groups who assert that they are the only ones with the right doctrine — that's a significant danger sign"

Many folk on this forum will consider those organizations mentioned above as being Christian..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  6. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Ok this is a little off topic. I was wondering if any of you holy rollers could answer a question for me? Can a person get into heaven no matter how bad they have been? I mean not like killing people but been a little naughty and dosen't really feel guilty about it.I am asking for a friend.

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Ormly is only here for the entertainment everyone keeps giving him. He always has something negative to say no matter who post what. he claims to know so much about the topic and quote this and that when he is really probably just sitting at the keyboard jackin off! he is a creep and he should be banned from this board, he NEVER has anything positive to put forth, just his same ole negative *** yapping! if you are going to heaven, I don't want to be there!

8. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

More from your link, Philo:

"Today's pulpits are virtually silent on the issue of "sin." The church has become more and more like the world. It has sought to be popular and acceptable to society, and in doing so, it has compromised its standards of morality and holiness. The scripture warns, "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15).
    (2) Apathy toward its mission in the world. By and large, the modern church world has become mostly occupied with what God can do for them, rather than remembering their mission to reach the lost for Christ. We live in a very self-centered society, and rarely do we see churches and believers laying aside their selfish interests to serve the Lord's interests. "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves... lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God" (2 Tim. 3:1,4).
    The scriptures make it very clear that it is the duty of every Christian to take on the task of helping to bring people to the saving message of Christ (2 Cor. 5:17-18). But unfortunately, the statistics show that only a tiny percentage of Christians ever attempt to share their faith with others. This apathy is inexcusable and has contributed to the woes of our society, which can only be remedied by the new birth of Christ in the hearts of sinful men and women. "...if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing" (2 Cor. 4:3).

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

repent

10. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Perhaps Kimmie can answer your question?

11. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

But I know it is stuff I will do again. Isn't that just a waste of time?

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Yea maybe, cause I plan on if I do go to hell to take you with me. Where do you live?

13. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

fu Ormly....... you are a sic creep! and I did answer her.

14. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

keep working that hand Ormly......

15. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Thats why he is going to hell. I bet he sits there having naughty thoughts.

16. Philo

Philo Well-Known Member

Cleaning Woman!

O, you have no idea what I'm equipped for. How incredibly presumptuous of you to assume that only you have the expertise to discern what is and is not Godly in these churches.

And is "you're skating on thin ice" a threat? Your anger is going to kill you, if not physically, spiritually.

And as for not questioning you, who do you think you are? You question and critique everyone else on this forum and then demand that you not be questioned back?

Actually, you've given me a new purpose in life, O. I intend to be here on a daily basis to question you, in any manner that I choose. "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." Maybe you'll be convicted at some point. One can only hope.

By the way, isn't it ironic that the passage you quoted could equally apply to your "Biscuitville Cathedral"? :jester:

As before, my apostate friends and I will be praying for you.

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

breathe Kimme breathe

Ormly why start such distention? I am seriuosly curious. Man and Woman can make their own choices. Only God will judge.

i will pay for what I have done, not to man but to God.

Jesus gave the sermon on the mount - not on a discussion board.

18. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I ain't praying for his ***. he can go to hell

19. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Is hell that bad of a place?
    I mean shoot I maybe there ,I maybe able to turn things around ya know crank up the air conditioning. LOL

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

well if this is hell, Ormly is the devil........ keep working that hand Ormly..... you ain't no christian, you just want to get on here and bash people..... but I guess that keeps you away from little kids..... so maybe you do have a purpose here! ya freak!