C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Or you could choose one of the over 4000 religions in the world that best suits your lifestyle 8)

2. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

First off, you need to be serious. I'm not saying that YOU aren't in particular, but in general, someone wanting to do the right thing needs to be serious. You don't get to heaven by good works alone. It comes through a personal relationship with Jesus. Once you have that, the good works will come naturally and you will not feel like you are forced to do them to go to heaven.

I think the general misconception with becoming a Christian is that people think that it means you are forcing youself to live a certain way. No, no, no. When you TRULY become a Christian and really want to give your life to Christ, the things you did that were not "Godly" so to speak, will not be desirable to you. Girl, I drank, smoked pot, did drugs (anything put in front of me for kicks), was very promiscuous (did I spell that right?) and other things that I'd rather not say here. One day, after I was toting a gun for fear of my life, I realized that it was too much for me. I had been in church in my life. I was brought up Lutheran. When I met my husband (his family is Pentecostal), it was his mom who ultimately got me where I am today. I unfortunately do not have the joint effort of my husband but I am praying for that situation. And would appreciate any and all prayers for me for that from all prayer warriors out there!!! It's much easier for a couple when they are both on the same track.

If you truly want it, the life and things you don't like to do that you feel convicted about will become less desirable. Your friend is is searching and wondering. Whether he/she comes out and says it is not important. If it wasn't a concern, even the littlest bit, he/she would not be wondering.

And Ormly, bless his heart, he or she, is trying in his or her own way but it is not effective because he is becoming the accuser, so to speak. As a Christian, you cannot judge, accuse, dictate or rule a person to God. You push them further away. You lead by example and the way you live your life and how you handle things and where your faith is in the situations you go through. Becoming a Christian does not put a "perfect" sign on you. No matter how hard you try you will never be perfect. Yes, I know it says to be holy and perfect and He is holy and perfect. There are people who get all "religious" trying to do it too and run people off. We are to strive to be that and do His will. Are we going to make mistakes? Yes. I make them everyday. But we serve a loving and forgiving God who will forgive us if we repent and mean it. There is no sin that is unforgivable save blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, FORGIVEN. The thief on the cross next to Jesus who believed on Him, FORGIVEN (even at the last), Paul spent the majority of his life persecuting and killing Christians, FORGIVEN.

Your friend needs to get with someone seasoned in Christ who is real, down to earth and nonjudgmental and talk with them and pray with them. This is not a funny joking thing. I know people like whoever is behind "Ormly" are not helping the cause of Christ. And he/she will probably bash me and rip this post apart. That's fine. They need something to do. But if he/she does that, they have to actually READ what I've said and it will sink in at some point.

Well ain't I just rambled today? :lol: God bless you and your friend, Angeleyes!!

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I am shocked at this comment.....I do not care who offers to pray for me and in what context, I would not shun them like this. Unless maybe they are praying for someone to drop ....

not very "christian like" whatever the heck that is.
    Baptist is a denomination
    Luthern is a denomination
    Catholic is a demonination
    Pentacostal is a denomination
    all sub groups of christianity. So being a christian doesn't say very much, all it means is you believe in Jesus Christ. Most folks around here do. So, if you all are reading the Bible - basically, the SAME bible - why is ormly trying to shove his version down everyone throat? THat just doesn't seem nice.
    can we all sing....R-E-S-P-E-C-T

ormly you can start first, since I am afraid you rocked the boat first..........

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

The mount was His discussion forum-board. Look how lucky we have it now that issues such as this can be batted around for someone to glean from from all over the world. Ah, the miracles of scrience and the internet.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

6. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I am gonna pretend you did.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

With gravy? LOL

9. KellBell

the small but insignificant world of Ormly Gumfudgin....

THAT CRACKS ME UP....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Cleopatra

Is there a hardees over there? I must have sausage gravy. :)

11. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

I am fussy about who prays for me. I want them praying the same God I know. If I said to you my god is Satan, would you let me pray for you? I don't believe you would. Given all your demeaning and bashing comments/remarks made to me because of my narrow belief in Jesus Christ and what I know about Him to be true, why should I believe anyone of you has a relationship with Him?

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Me too. It just sounds good together doesn't it?

13. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Not over here. There is one in Garner.

14. Cleopatra

Ah. An Aries. I should have known. Like a dog with a bone, you are.

15. KellBell

it just sums it up....that and the confession.

'I am Pentecostal'

16. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

A good Christian attitude, to be sure.

Why not start being truthful and honest. Where have I publicly promoted myself?

Where have I been spiritually arrogant?

Why is it you believe I can't represent the Pentecostal faith? Do you know anything about me to say such a thing?

17. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

The only thing you need to represent is adult diapers because you are full of ****.

18. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahhaha! That was a good one!

I can't believe this thread is still going...

19. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

well, and is HANDY work! freak......so, where is his church or is it it?