What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Categories:General MerchandiseNo
    Photo
    Ad Number:76619Date Posted:11/30/2007Contact:Pat
    117 Saratoga Ln
    Clayton, NC 27520
    Telephone:919-359-8163 E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    Over 600 used books for sale-hardback, paperback, children's and adult, variety of subjects. Some authors are Agatha Christie, Louis L'Amour, Sue Grafton, Carolyn Hart, Mary Roberts Rinehardt, Patricia Wentworth, P.D. James, John Grisham, Clive Cussler, Billy Graham, Robert Schuller, Michael Crichton, and MANY more! Prices from .25 up. Cash only. Please e-mail or call if you would like more info. Leave message!

For all you readers. :lol:

2. le

le Well-Known Member

Nice hg...try to leave us some, eh!?!? :p

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ya'll have at it. All of my books are in a huge rubbermaid container in the spare room. :x

4. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

I LOVE this series. I hope you enjoy all of them!

5. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

Ghost Rider by Neil Peart

Neil, who is also Rush's drummer has written quite a few books in the last decade and all of them are phenomenal. Some of them might be hard to get into, but once you are in, you are HOOKED.

6. Holly Wood

Holly Wood Well-Known Member

Currently reading Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy, and it's excellent! Will also begin "Suite Francaise" today, and looking forward to Sue Grafton's "T is For Trespass" later this month.

7. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

I am reading the Hatchet series by Gary Paulsen, they are wonderful! They are a young adult book series but it's something I had never read about since I am a girl. The first one is about a boy who's parents have separated and he is flying with a pilot to visit his father in Canada. The pilot has a heart attack and dies and the plane pretty much crashes in a lake. He survives in the wilderness for 50 something days with only the clothes on his back and a little hatchet his mom sends with him. Most of the adventure stories are based on the author's real life and I find them fascinating!

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I haven't read that since... 10th or 11th grade?

10. nsanemom22

I recently saw the movie "Sylvia" and became interested ... I want to read Ariel next...

11. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

Anything by Jodi Picoult...picked up one at the store before I found the library...it was called The Plain Truth. It was so good, I got some more of hers. Yesterday, in Walmart they had a whole display of her books...got a couple more:jester:

12. nsanemom22

Speaking of libraries.. the are having a book sale tomorrow...

13. superkathy

superkathy Well-Known Member

Just finished reading"Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs. I loved it.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I watched that movie a few months ago. Weird! I bet the book was good.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Recently finished "Duma Key" by Stephen King, currently working on "Cell" by the same........................ Duma Key was pretty good, although not scary to me.

16. nsanemom22

Anne Sexton was a great writer.....

17. le

le Well-Known Member

I just finished Icy Sparks yesterday. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Have not picked my "new" second hand store book yet...

18. Grammie

Grammie Guest

If you like those kind of books you have to read John Sanford he has a series of Pey books then Catherine Coulter she has a series with FBI agents and J.D. Robb a series of In Death books.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am reading The Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3 by Neta Jackson. These are fantastic!!

20. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

To clarify: Hocutt-Ellington Library - greater Downtown Clayton, Corner of Main and Church. Starts at 8 AM, I think.

Just started on Grisham's newest, "The Appeal". I was told at the library that it was non-fiction, but 2 chapters in, it reads much better than his other NF effort, "The Innocent Man", which was an effort to read. "The Appeal" is much like his other novels, so far, so much, in fact, that I wonder if I have been misinformed. :?