A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

both? :jester:
    I swear, I'm just kidding, but whos head?

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

folks at work....some serious dooky goings on....

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Beer and hot sausage dogs with an occasional shot of tequila are calling my name....

Southernborn....

Southern....

SB.........

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I was cleaning this past weekend, I saw my favorite movie of all time was coming on (PAPER MOON) and I just stopped, sat down and watched the movie. All by myself..... it was great... and you know what???? when that movie was over, my house was still only 1/2 clean and the world had not quit spinning. I finished up the house and all was well!

5. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

ewwwwwwwwwwww, not good, tension tension.... we had our spell right after the 1st of the year.......tuff times...... you be good and keep you head low! look busy! :lol:

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am doing exactly that......eeekkkk

shhh...:mrgreen:

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Where is the OP of this thread? She's been missing for a few weeks now. :?

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

have a good weekend everyone, work hard, play hard, it's now time to play! :cheers:

9. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I talked to her just the other day and she's been busy. Ball seasons in. But that's just my assumption.:mrgreen:

Later taters I'm bouncing up outta here!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  10. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I need to find the thread she started about needing something. You know, where she found her treadmill. I need a basketball goal for my kids at a decent price. Ohhhh what was that thread called???

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Exactly!
    Miller Time for me. :cheers:

12. MommySAIDno

I have that same problem at times. For me, it's because my kids are notorious for putting their tube of chapstick in one of the millions of pockets their pants have and it gets put through the dryer :evil:

13. MommySAIDno

Shortly after our first baby was born, DH got really slack about helping me do ANYTHING in the house and then he criticized me about the house and laundry not being caught up. We were having a tough time and were going to see a Christian counselor. One day, in my individual session, I complained about this. Know what the counselor told me? The man told me to stop doing DH's laundry at all. :shock: I was shocked. I told him that DH would be furious. He said "So what! When he gets down to his last pair of drawers and realizes you aren't going to be his Mother and wash his clothes since he can't help out, he can have his fit, but he still won't have any clean underwear."

So, I did just that. And boy did DH have a fit when he literally ran out of clean undies. He just could NOT believe I was doing this to him. (He was so inmature back then :roll: I didn't yell, I didn't argue, I didn't feel guilty, I just calmly told him that since he refused to help out in the house more and expected me to be his maid, I would no longer be doing his laundry but only mine and the baby's and I turned and walked away. He fussed and fumed but I didn't react 8)

Finally, he realized all his huffing and puffing was getting him nowhere and he got his laundry together and washed it. That was about 13 years ago and I have not done his laundry since:mrgreen: We laugh about it now. He realizes what an a$$ he was being. Now I do my laundry and 4 kid's laundry and I expect DH to help out by doing a load of towels or sheets and blankets every once in a while and he does (have to remind him some days but he doesn't fuss about it).

His father thought I was the biggest witch for doing this to the day he died. Of course, that may be because he was such a "kept" man by DH's Mom...part of DH's initial problem too. He was used to his mom doing EVERYTHING for his Dad and she did way too much for her sons too. But I didn't get married to be my husband's Mother. He found that out fast8):twisted:

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Wow! Guess you showed him! 8) I should have used more smilies, I was mostly j/k in that mean post. My DH does lots around the house, in fact last week he knew I was cleaning, and he came downstairs and asked, "What can I do to help?"

I have a very good husband! He's a "kept" man, and I'm a "kept" woman! We have "kept" each other for 28 years and plan to keep each other for life. :)

Everybody have a great weekend! :cheers:

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:hurray:thats great! I have a great DH too, only 24 yrs for us.

16. harleygirl

He's alright by me. :mrgreen: Oh, can he come over and clean my house? :lol:

17. peaches

HG, You've got a great one too! Tell Mr C hey from D & S! And if mine was at your house long enough, he'd probably pick up the vaccuum. Just the way he is! MOST likely to drink your MLs and play with Shelby and Mattie (if she'd allow it) however.

Bandmom, we've known each other since we were in grade school. He's still my boyfriend. :oops: Congrats on 24 years. Got any special plans for the big 25? You obviously have kiddos...they better throw you a bash!

18. harleygirl

I'll tell him. He's on the way home now and we're meeting a friend up at the non-smoking, non-Miller Lite Bar/Restaurant up at 64/15-501. Carolina Brewery (?) Mattie would be all over him, Shelby -- not so much! :lol:
    Girls been getting some exercise running up and down the hill in the backyard (fenced in) and going back and forth from one side of the fence to the other. She's worn a path. :lol:

Later chickie. Gotta get my Miller Lites in before we go to the non ML bar. (kicking and screaming all the way there):twisted:

19. peaches

Does anybody else feel like scratching their own eyes right out of the socket? This pollen is KILLING me.

That being said, today I moved all my ferns outside and I'll probably regret it. I just couldn't help myself, it was so beautiful! Tell me it's not too soon!!! They are all (5) in sheltered areas.... I am sooooo sick of cleaning up leaves.

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Hadn't thought too much about it....we have until Nov, so guess we'll come up with something by then :mrgreen: