Showcase of Stars

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Loriana, Mar 14, 2008.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I clapped (and cried, cuz I just love children perforning in stuff like this) for all the kids, for all the schools....it was just great. I think the price of the DVD is a bit high too....but I am going to suck it up, since its for the schools.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i had a great time Friday nite and the kids were awesome, but in my opinion Dixon Elem rocked the whole show (i could be a bit biased though since my granddaughter was in it). Last year we stayed through the whole show, this year we did not mainly because evidently they were having air conditioning problems or something and my DH said he could not stand it any longer. We did go out in the lobby and catch most of the rest of the acts though and yes, i clapped and woohooed before and after the performance and clapped for all the kids. i guess i must have been sitting in a more polite section, i did not have any problem with anyone around us talking during the performances. Sorry i didn't see ya again KellBell but little one said she did:hurray::hurray::hurray:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I looked for you too....I saw Little Miss in the 'drop off' area....I loved it, had a great time and it WAS truly hotter than H-E-double hockey sticks! we left after their performance.:mrgreen:

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Hey Kaci was It you who saw my kiddo? Miss ROtc...lol
    I usually go every year but don't need to since mine isn't in Chorus anymore. It was always fun.

After their kid performs, most people don't give a dern. It is extremely rude to the childern and to the other viewers to be loud and rude. Plus everyone paid to see the show and they should get to enjoy it!

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep it was me, i saw her as soon as we walked in the door and talked to her a bit - she looked so grown up in her uniform, i had to take a double take to make sure it was her - you have every right to be very proud of your beautiful daughter:hurray:

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ditto on the rude parents. We actually performed before the SOS started, I was all over getting pictures and then I decided to videotape from my ten dollar seat that I had to purchase to see my son's 15 minute performance - again before the show actually started. It still did not excuse the asshat who talked behind me the entire time, that I finally said "SSSHHHHH!!!" and clapped long and hard after each song. Hint-Hint dummy, I came to hear my kid, not you! Do you see the camcorder in my hands? Yes, the viewfinder is showing the stage while the kids perform. What do you think that means? It don't think his grandparents want to hear you yak all though his performance!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I know whay you mean. When my son was in middle school Jazz band, they played before the show and yet, they still wanted you to pay for a seat to see them, plus they didn't allow personal video taping. :?

8. Cleopatra

Yeah, he does jazz band too but it was sold out on Friday. Being new to SOS I was unsure how the logistics would work. OK. We could get a ticket if somebody had an extra one - BUT we were performing a good half hour before the show started - so what would be the odds of somebody showing up early and having an extra ticket for me? I don't know anything about personal videotaping not being allowed, and I was about two rows down from the cameraman. Woopsie.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i had my camcorder too and ready to go and my DH (mean ole stickler for rules) pointed out in the front of the bulletin it said no videotaping:evil: i was tempted to do it anyway even though we did purchase a DVD cause i saw several others doing but he didn't care too much for that idea:lol:

10. Cleopatra

I honestly did not notice. Man, I must have looked ballsy!! And correction, my ticket was actually 15.00. That's a buck a minute!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Imagine that, you looking balsy:lol::lol::lol:

12. Cleopatra

HAHAHAHAHHA!! I know, I was thinking the same thing. It still might not have deterred me, I called Grampa in AZ and offered to let him listen on speaker phone but he was on his way out the door to go to the store. I also plunked down 10 bucks for a t shirt. I think I donated enough $$.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If DH had not been sitting right beside me i would have too, i paid for the DVD but i wanted a more personal one focusing on little one just for her performance - oh well.

14. Cleopatra

Exactly, I don't know those other kids. Screw them. JUST KIDDING!!!

Hey, you gonna give me that binder this week?

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Woops, just read the pm, haven't been online all weekend. Let me know which day is best for you and i will make sure it is there.

16. Cleopatra

Anyday, just let me know!