A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll probably have to go to minute clinic tomorrow. I can't stop yawning, and when I do, my insides (tummy? lungs?) feel weird, can't explain it. guess i'll go get checked out tomorrow.

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Hope you feel better. I have had it and it sucks! It is also very easy to spread . Hope the lil ones do not catch it.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to make pizza in my cast iron skillet. I am so excited, I can't believe I never thought of this. I bet it's going to taste like Pizza Hut! Yum!!

4. Cleopatra

Pizza's done!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure quite how to explain it, but I KNOW when a cold or bad allergies have turned to bronchitis by the cough. Its much deeper in the chest and has a very distinct burning feeling (thats the part I can't describe very well), and this is gross, but whatever phlem is coughed up is yellow-green. Thats my sign that I need an antibiotic..... good luck and hope you feel better soon. I used to get bronchitis like clockwork just about every year... but I haven't had it too bad in the last few years.

6. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

hmmmm sounds interesting!

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

let us know how it turns out!

8. Cleopatra

It was pretty good, I put a little too much yeast in the dough - just made it fluffier than I usually like. It could have used more sauce (to keep up with the dough) but overall very good! I love homemade pizza! It's such a snap in the breadmaker, anyway. I used a different dough recipe this time, too. I liked it!

1 C wrist temp water (for a softer crust and a different flavour, use 1/2 warm water and 1/2 C beer)
    1 T butter
    2 T honey or sugar (I use local honey)
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1.5-3 tsp dry yeast (depending on how floofy you like your dough. I used 2-2.5tsp, too fluffy for me!)
    2 C AP flour
    1/2 C whole wheat flour (you can use 2.5 C of white flour and omit the whole wheat if you like)

Dissolve the sugar or honey in the water, add the yeast, let set for a few minutes and then whisk it up, add salt (if using beer, add after yeast and suage are dissolved in water) and then flour gradually. Knead in the bowl for 5-10 minutes , form a ball, brush with a little olive oil and then leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour. Punch down, knead again and then spread out in oiled pan.

**Disregard the kneading and punching and all that other stuff if you use this recipe in a breadmaker, and if using the breadmaker add your liquids first and then toss in the dry, then prepare as usual. I did not bother dissolving anything.

9. Cleopatra

Anybody write a story for the secret room?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cleo, that sounds really good....................we had Dominos tonight, LOL.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Could be walking pneumonia (sp?) - so ya better get to the dr!

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I had brochitis one time and all I remember is coughing up the thickest green goo you've ever seen. It was nasty!

13. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

We had Marco's delivered. Tried the NY white pizza. It was alright.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Girl, green = infection - you had best get to the doctor.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

TGIF people! Happy Good Friday.

gonna be a beautiful day!!:mrgreen:

16. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

I'd go to the doctor asap. That is exactly what I felt like and I had pneumonia. I was very weak and short of breath. I'd never been short of breath before but just felt like it just took a lot out of me to get up and do something. I got to the doctor asap, and even with the antibiotic I got worse. Anyway, I ended up in the hospital for 2 nights. I've been home now for 3 weeks and I'm doing much, much better but I still get tired really easy. Please, make an appointment soon.

17. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great recipe. We love homemade pizza, we have it every Friday night and watch movies. Even the kids love helping me make it. Since it's Friday, I think I'll try your recipe instead of what I normally use.

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

No, but my 10 yo did.:lol:

TGIF people...

19. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Lower Sugar Oatmeal is no where near as good as a large order of grits and a double side of bacon from Howards is.

FYI

20. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone!!! 8)

Definately looks like a beautiful weekend well..up until Sunday.

Coming in this morning I felt like the only one that had to work!!! Downtown Raleigh is deserted!!