Anybody know a good locksmith

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by scbuff, Mar 31, 2008.

1. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

The wife wants to install some deadbolts in the house and I am looking for somebody to do it... Any suggestons?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I would think this would be more of a handman job, not a locksmith? It's just drilling holes and installing the lock. I thought locksmiths actually key the locks etc. If you have a drill, you can buy the size drill bit you need and install them yourself. :)

3. le

le Well-Known Member

Barbour's Locksmith & Safe Service

553-7388

4. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

You'll definately pay alot more for a locksmith than having a handyman knock it out for ya.

Where you located?

5. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Before we moved into our home we arranged for a West Lock Smith to meet us at the house and install deadbolts on three doors and rekey the existing locks so one key worked all locks. He asked what locks were on the house and came with the same brand and finish had them installed in no time. When I called before coming here for a few days prior to moving in he was the first to call back and gave me an excellent qoute and was flexable about the time to meet, since we weren't living in the house yet. He was prompt, professional and very tidy. I'd have him back again. The number I have for him is 553-1320 and also 872-9033. And if my memory still serves me his name is Jerry. I can't remember what he charged but it was very competitive.

6. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

thanks all for the suggestions

7. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I used West Locksmith too. He rekeyed the locks and did a good job. Our door framing is not exactly square and he was able to get the deadbolts to work.

8. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

looks like he merged with another company and his name is jason.. if anybody needs his new direct number , it is 369-4486

Romeo likes this.
  9. Greg Arnold

Greg Arnold New Member

U hope you had done with your locks but in such cases , you need to sign up to Google and search your nearby locksmith in your are and call them for installing the locks.

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Spamming a locksmith in Illinois on an 8 year old thread isn't going to bring much business.

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Probably from India or Indonesia and they have contracted with someone to "increase" the exposure of the locksmith in IL. The number of site visits goes up and the contract is technically fulfilled.