So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. sus

sus Well-Known Member

So true

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! I know just what you mean! We were there because DH was taking some classes for work. We are from a very small town in VA originally, we felt like Jethro and Ellie Mae! Valet parking at the mall?? Are you kidding me?? :mrgreen:

3. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

;)

4. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

Go figure...my dh is originally from VA as well (Newport News). So, he'll be a 90% back vs. the half-back that started in the northeast, then went to Florida and eventually end up in the Carolinas.

I'll admit, I've used the valet from time to time. But that's only after I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to find a spot on my own. My local mall is the same one where certain events that were discussed on America's Most Wanted took place. The one that happened in December was the final straw for me. :cry:

5. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I swear I read this AFTER I posted in the pedi thread... I swear! :lol:

6. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Pinky, You have an unusual nickname ,:mrgreen:
    Perhaps you ride a Bike,, I'm not talking about a 10 speed:lol:

7. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

nope, just like the cartoon!

8. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

Just checking, someone else has the same nickname, you're still welcome:lol:

9. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

thanks!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

When i see your screen name, i think of Jimmy Buffet, well his book anyway:) Welcome aboard:cheers:

11. Desdemona25

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! Ok Johnny...tell her what she's won! :mrgreen:

Desdemona is a character in Where is Joe Merchant. Apparently she sells pot-laced brownies in a bake shop. :)

She's also mentioned in at least 2 songs (that I know of)--Fruit Cakes and then Desdemona's Building a Rocket Ship.

Hi, my name is Kristy and I'm a Parrothead (hi Kristy). My dh was a little upset about being too far away from either one of our Margaritavilles here in Florida. Then I told him about the one in Myrtle Beach. He was a happy camper once again. :hurray:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, a fellow parrothead:hurray::hurray: i named my dog Mayan after reading Joe Merchant - cool book. As for the Margaritavilles, we just make our own at the local hangouts:lol: Also down at Carolina Beach, there is a little restaurant/bar right on the boardwalk that is totally into JB, the whole place is decorated that way, they have killer Margaritas, and every Monday is JB nite.

13. Desdemona25

I'll be sure to tell my hubby. He'll flip! He's a beachy kinda guy anyway--spent lots of time on the Outer Banks when he was younger. He despises the beaches in Florida because they're nothing like the ones in OBX.

14. Desdemona25

Sorry...never covered Othello in school, so I wasn't aware.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

welcome pinky

16. 3Cs&Me

3Cs&Me Guest

Hi - newbie here! Been lurking a while ;) You guys (and gals) are a great group!

My avatar name is 3Cs&Me - because my hubby & children are all "C" names - I'm the odd one out :lol:

I'm a 28-year-old mom to two little girlies, ages 4 and almost 2.
    Married for 6.5 years to a wonderful guy.

Have lived in Clayton for 4 years - came over from Raleigh. We LOVE JoCo!!!! Although I do miss some of the farm land & forest areas that are being converted to neighborhoods - it still beats Raleigh any day!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  17. jello212

jello212 Active Member

I'm a johnston county native (Selma) going back to my great, great grandparents - maybe further. I moved to Raleigh for 10 years and then relocated to Pensacola for 5 years and made it back to god's country last May with my new bride.

She's still trying to adjust, so if you see a half Chinese woman looking lost, wave and point her in the right direction.

18. Cyndi

Cyndi Guest

Female - married since September '07, no kids yet but two K-9 kids (Bailey and Kelsey). Originally from FL but moved here 5 years ago and LOVE IT! I am really artsy and crafty and at the moment, trying to figure out how to better my career!! :)

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Welcome to tha hood. I hope you warned her about these roundeyes!

20. I am Mandi and I am a Stay at home mother, I sell avon. I Love bowling. I have a 2 year old little boy. I live in Clayton:lol: