Which restaurants you wish to have at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by scbuff, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

Brueggers and Danny's BBQ. I've never eaten at Cookout - is it like CharGrill?

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

That would be awesome!!! I hate going to Cary to eat at those 2 and Raleigh is even worse.

3. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I love Brueggers, but who needs it now that we have Big Steve's?!?!?! It's better than Brueggers. I want anything, but more fast food. What about a sit down restaurant. Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback, Chili's.

5. :iagree:

I would love to see one of the old fashioned shiney diners. Grew up going to them when i was a kid up north. Loved their coffee. Use to go to one that made killer Baklava

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Big Steve's doesn't have direct set cream cheese and they don't open early enough, not even in the same ballpark as Brueggar's, IMO...I tried to like them though....:rolleyes:

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Big Steves isn't horrible, but it's no Brueggars. Its also not really worth it for me to drive from Amelia Church Rd. to 210 for a bagel... 4042 wouldn't be so bad.

8. KellBell

exactly, it isn't horrible, but its no comparison to Brueggar's.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We have one of those in Clayton, the locals actually call it the "Shiney Diner". Haven't been in a while, but the food is decent.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What I wouldn't give right now for a Brueggars pumpernickel bagel with either cucumber dill OR bacan scallion cream cheese... those are my 2 favorites!

11. but it would be nice if there was one at 40/42 intersection though. You don't see many of them anymore :(

12. KellBell

dang....
    I love the Everything Bagel toasted w/ lite cream cheese on the side
    or the Cinnamon Sugar with lite cream cheese on the side.....
    or a Sante Fe Turkey Sammy on an Everything with Jalapeno Cream cheese and sprouts, cucumbers & lettuce......

gosh I am hungry now. Come on Tassy let's go!!:mrgreen:

13. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

I am very suprised when we moved here that there was not a Crystal Burger in the area. I thought Crystal Burger was a all around south thing.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yuummmm-o! My favorite bagel sammich is an onion bagel with roasted turkey, mayo, muenster cheese, lettuce, sprouts and 'mater. They have really good iced coffee too... especially when they do the rasberry one!

Sucks... the closest Brueggers to my office is at freakin' Six Forks Rd @ North Hills, or Six Forks & Strickland (I think - way up by 540). I could get to either one in about the same time from my office.

I think Brueggers should have a mobile bakery...LOL... I'm with you Kell.. Lets go!

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Nope - never heard of 'em. I thought they were a northern chain.

16. KellBell

that's the closest one to me too.....at North Hills. :cry: :banghead:

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh no!

I went to Bruggers in CARY (yuck) about a month ago with DH and wasn't impressed at all. :ack:

Love Big Steve's Hot ham & cheese bagel. mmmmmm M

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't like their sqaure sandwich bagels though... theres just something not right about that... it's in my brain i'm sure.

19. KellBell

me either, I stick with the ROUND. The way God intended....:mrgreen:

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

A real diner would be wonderful !!! Nothing like a grilled cheese with tomato at 3AM!
    A ruben?
    BLT?

also a sonic might be nice - i really like their food, but if we did get that then I might gain that evil weight back......

Anyone know who owns the wendy's at 210?