G105 in trouble AGAIN

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UWISH, Apr 6, 2008.

1. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

It's all about the ratings.

3. wreckinstuff

wreckinstuff Well-Known Member

While they shouldnt have said what they did, it's not even close to what Imus said. Again, they shouldnt have said it. It's just like anything else, dont listen or watch if you think it is offensive.

4. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

thats how i s feel bob has always pushed the limit on his show. this is nothing new.

5. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I didn't hear what was said, I only read about it online today. With that said, Bob is covered under the freedom of speech that everyone else is. If you don't want to hear what he has to say, don't listen. He's got the # 1 radio morning show in the area.. he's # 1 for a reason.

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I listen to them every morning. Bob can be a little out there sometime but he picks on everybody....even himself.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

That means he cannot be prohibited from saying what he did by law, but is also allows those who are against what he said to speak out to the adminstration, sponsors, and those charged with oversight of the actions. The license for operation requires a level of public service which would not be supported by such speech.

8. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

Ok, if the WRAL story uses direct quotes, then what Bob said is A-1 funny.

Are well all THAT uptight? Puhleeeeze. I think there is a large faction of humans out there who are too busy policing the world to 'let go' a little and see some humor. And if it's not your brand of humor, you shouldn't have been listening in the first place.

And yes, he IS #1 for a reason.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Most just need a reson to jump on the *racsism* (of any type) bandwagon - they NEED to get a life!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

how ironic that you of all people say to 'let go' a little and that there are too many humans policing the world, after the speech you gave on copyright infringement last week.....:rolleyes:

ironic indeed.:lol:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I must have missed that one - thank god :lol:

12. KellBell

its still available (the speech) on the 'Clayton Mother Charged with Theft' Thread....

:p

13. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

Yes, me of all people...I am the world police.

I'm afraid I don't see the irony. Could you explain it a little more for me? My little 'speech' as you call it was a warning ABOUT copyright law and the fact that people have a right under U.S. Law to protect their intellectual property. the fact is, that more and more people are using the courts to do this. Do you want to see 4042.com in a law suit? I don't. If you don't like my cautionary tale, read another forum. There is a big difference between policing the world and offering friendly advice about a very real and serious issue facing this country - the ownership of intellectual property.

Do you know that there are people who are PAID to look online for copyright violations like the one I pointed out? There is an entire industry dedicated to it. Why do you think there are so many copyright cases in the courts right now? It could be a matter time before some law firm starts scouring forums (like this one) for violations - if they aren't already.

I was offering friendly advice out of personal experience and knowledge. If you don't like it, too bad. Change the channel.

Again, I really don't see your irony.

14. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

just out of curiosity, how often do you send cease and desist letters based on someone posting a news story out of a local newspaper on a local internet discussion board?

and i think the irony was that you griped about people being too busy "policing" other people, when you had just finished spending time "policing" this message board. i see it....

15. KellBell

the irony is this, you tell people to 'lighten up a little' about racist remarks that the guy on G105 said/says, which is WAY more serious than you schooling me (and others) on the 'what if's' of copyright infringement on a message board where we all copy and paste pictures, quotes, news articles....

so lighten up.....like you said....

16. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response.

For news stories, I've never sent a C&D. It's not in my field - I do mostly non-news web content (that I have usually created) for my clients and when that content gets stolen, I do something about it. But content is still content, and someone owns it. Yes, there are times when someone WANTS content to work its way through the web and get onto as many forums and sites as possible. But when someone pays a lot of money to have content created only to have it stolen and placed elsewhere online without something so simple as an attribution, it's against the law. I don't make the law, yet we're all bound by it.

And quite often, it's a simple misunderstanding. Most of the time, people put up a simple attribution and that settles it. They just don't know the law, which is what gets many people in trouble in the first place.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Well, there's a sad commentary on radio listeners.

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I think this would be qualified as a tangent. Way off topic. Toot toot. We hear your horn.

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

OK Granny. We are in the majority and don't take things so literal. Mr.Dumas was telling the truth. There is no harm in telling the truth.

20. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

Look, I try not to take all this stuff too seriously. We all (me included) need to lighten up from time to time. This whole world seems like it's going downhill on a razor blade some days. I like to think that I care about what happens on this forum because it's very important to the 4042 and greater Clayton communities. All I tried to do was offer some advice that could help us all keep the forum on the right side of the law. I don't want to see what you refer to as a 'what if?' turn into a "WHAT NOW?" in the form of a lawsuit. What you have somehow seen as me 'schooling you' was my attempt at showing that I care about this forum as a community through some advice that comes out of my own personal experience. You saw it one way, and that's fine. We're all entitled to our interpretation of everything.

I do welcome your opinion. If I didn't, I would have told you that you're flat-out wrong, instead of asking you to elaborate on it, like I did. And that's where I think these forums work- when users don't shut out the opinions and thoughts of others.

As for Bob, he's not right - and he's not wrong. He's just Bob. Just like you're you, and I'm me. We're all right in our own minds. And it's good to discuss it like this.