A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

gosh, let's do....this day is the pits so far.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Can I come too??????????? Please, please, please...I need a vacation!!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yes, let's all GO!!

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:hurray: yay!! road trip!! :hurray:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Count me in on the road trip:hurray:

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We went to see Horton Hears a Who this weekend, it was very disappointing. Not as good as the other Seuss movies. Maybe ok to rent, but I wouldn't recommend paying to go see it or buying it. Even my 4 yo wasn't into it.

7. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Aawww Is it worth paying $2 to see this movie. i am waiting for it to hit the Movie theater in Smithfield so I can take my girls.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there was a $2 theater in Smithfield, where is it? I don't know that town very well. We used to go to Blue Ridge years ago, but there ended up being too much violence there, so stopped going. Yeah, it's probably worth $2. It wasn't horrible, funny in parts, just wouldn't pay $9 to go see it. (Luckily we went during a $5 matinee, so that wasn't too bad - I would have rather seen Nim's Island (?) myself, that looks better to me)

9. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Its in downtown Smithfield and its on 3rd street. You have to wait like 2-3 months after it comes out in theaters to see it in the $2 movie.

Nim's island does look good :)

10. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Ok I wanna go on the road trip, hell I will even ride in the trunk if need be, Monday's suck!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol:

I've had the phone tied to my ear all day - what was that thread R2CMK posted? The rubberband with the cell phone :lol::lol::lol:

Diet pepsi's make me jittery! :? I should probably eat something today. :ack:

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I think its just stupid and lazy people tick me off..

13. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

The $2 theater is the Howell. Very historical, old theater. I recently watched a Biography about Ava Gardner and it talked about her movie-loving mother taking her to the Howell to see shows when she was a young girl, which would have been in the 1930s. I love that place, especially when the movie is playing upstairs, very quaint. The movies play there when they are released on DVD, but you still get to see them on a big screen for a fraction of the cost of regular theaters. Parking isn't bad there either. Here is their website: http://www.howellmovies.com/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would have called the fuzz. But I am bitchy like that.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

O.M.G. I am thankful you were there Kaci.

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I don't know if people are ignoring it because it's an old thread, but can some of you please read the "good hairdresser" thread and answer my questions! (if applicable...)

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Let's go! I'll buy the gas.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

This day has FLOWN by! Guess that's what happens when you WORK! :lol:

Presentation to work on then a flyer and I'm done! :cheers:

19. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

You're not fixing flyers with peoples time they go to work or shopping are you? (joking)

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

This day did fly by! Guess time flys when you're making flyers, huh Harley? :mrgreen: (I know, that was corny!)