A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

How is your hair, by the way? did you go Victoria Beckham? do you love it?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I need coffee in an IV drip this morning. SLEEPY!!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Did you see the weather for Friday? OMG!!! I may have to take a road trip. :cheers:

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I do love it. It was still a little short in the front to go for the whole look. What my girl did was cut the back short with a small stack and leave the front longer (we are waiting for the layers in the front to grow out). In a couple of months when that is done we will go for the extreme VB look. It actually looks more like Kate's hair from John and Kate +8 right now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  5. Southernborn

Yep, I'm actually taking a road trip...he he. My youngest kiddo is having a field trip to Jamestown, VA and I'm going as well. We have to be at school by 6:30 and then won't be back until about 9:30. At least I'll be walking around in the afternoon outside. Then Sat. morning I have to have the oldest at school at 5:45 to leave to go to Bush Gardens for the day on a field trip (thank goodness I'm not going on that one), she won't be back until about 11 pm.:lol:

6. KellBell

is that middle school that goes to BG for a field trip? what grade is DD thats going? Gosh I remember those days.....soooo much fun!!

7. Southernborn

Yes it's the middle school Band, my DD is in 8th. HS next year...then driving soon...ugggg. She's so funny, I've been letting her drive through the neighborhood to get the feel of the car, but it makes me nervous, so I told her that was Daddy's job...LOL

8. KellBell

LOL....too funny!!I have been letting my boys drive (they are 11) in the neighborhood. they make me nervous too....but they are pretty good....one of them likes to hug the right side though. I told him he was going to take out a mailbox if he wasn't careful....

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

HA! I did it too!! :)

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound harsh - but I would NOT let your young ones drive in the neighborhood. For one thing, if a cop was to see you - you can get a ticket for allowing someone without a license to drive. (Happened to a kid in our neighborhood). But more importantly it can be very dangerous! We had a different girl in the hood get too close (or so she thought) to a mailbox (she rounded a curve too far to the left) she then swerved to the right side of the road, hit a driveway culvert, and flipped the van! The father claimed he was driving when the cops got there, but several saw her driving prior to the accident. What if they hit the gas instead of the brakes and hurt a child! The you'd feel terrible!!! :cry:

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I just heard machine guns...

...coming from the bathroom.
    Dear Lord, let me light a candle!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OMG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. KellBell

give me a bit of credit....I would not let them do that if I didnt feel they were capable of handling it. There are lots of 'what if's' in every situation.

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I know you're a smart person - I'm just saying that you're taking a big risk, and if thats what you choose, so be it. But if they get caught, they can't get their license till their 18. Even experienced drivers hit the wrong pedal , over-correct etc sometimes. Just sharing what I've seen. 8)

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I have to agree with bandmom. If 11 year olds want to practice driving, take them to an empty parking lot or someone's farm. I don't think a subdivision is the place for that, because one mistake is all it takes.

16. KellBell

I hear ya.....I take all those things into consideration.

17. KellBell

seriously, its a good thing I don't care what you guys think....:)

(and I mean that in the nicest way possible, of course):)

18. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I learned to drive with my mom and dad in our neighborhood as well. I think alot depends on the child and the limits you set while in the car with them!

19. KellBell

yep, I did too. I drove circles around my neighborhood. My Mom and Dad used to let us go to the store for them, about 1/2 mile away. Its just like deciding if your kid is 'old enough' to stay home alone and at what age....only we as the parent know if they can handle it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

When did my flipping job description get changed to babysitter for two grown men?? :evil: