Dog house

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Tangerine, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

My neighbors got a new lab puppy a few weeks ago and they have chained in the their yard with no shelter. Was hoping someone might have a dog house they would like to donate.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:banghead::banghead:

I don't understand people sometimes.

I don't have one and don't know of anyone who does right now. I'll keep my eyes open for one.

angier, nc
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    40.00$ and its all yours. Will meet you somewhere to pick up. Stands about 2ft tall and 3 ft long and 1.5 ft wide. Big enough for a big boxer, pit bull, rottie, etc. Very good condition. No longer need it. I included a pictures with my small dog inside to give you a comparison of how big it is.

Call 919.302.5250 or just email.Thanks!

Maybe this person would consider donating theirs?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  3. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% HG.

Not sure how close you are to your neighbors or how far you want to go but you could call Johnston County animal control. I believe it is now required even in Johnston County that you provide shelter for an animal. If you don't feel comfortable telling your neighbor then whoever comes out from JCAC could handle it. I wish I had a house to donate but both our labs are inside dogs - though they do love a good run in the fenced in backyard. I feel sorry for the little pup especially with the wind and rain we've been having. Did they at least take him/her in during those times?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Bolt Cutters?

5. MisunderstoodMind

MisunderstoodMind Well-Known Member

I'm in. Aways back a friend had to dognap a pooch. Poor thing had deep wounds on its head, body lacerations, and was wandering down a busy road. The owners knew the little guy was hurt, but said he'd "heal right up" and "it'll make him tough."

He is in great hands now.

6. Tangerine

i don't understand either. why do people gets dogs just to tie them up and never play with them. poor thing is out there tonight with no shelter.

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to chain a new puppy up outside? Poor little thing. :-(

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

It is JC law that they have shelter but unfortunately, the def of shelter is extremely vague. They could have a piece of wood propped up and would be considered shelter...ugg! I do have a plastic doghouse in my backyard that is not being used but a lab would not be able to use it for long. It may be a size medium?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

From the classifieds today, free dog house.

FREE: Dog HouseCategories:Pets & SuppliesNo
    Photo
    Ad Number:84409Date Posted:03/24/2008Contact:Terrie Whisenant
    Garner, NC
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    Large dog house that was custom built for full size dog. Moving...can't take it with me.

10. Tangerine

thank you. i just contacted them.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hope it works out!

12. Pitbull_Lover

Pitbull_Lover Member

Craigslist.com

Hey, I seen one earlier on Craigslist.com under free, I think it was man made out of wood or something like that. Maybe you can check it out, if it's not gone already. Good Luck!!

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

did they get the poor baby a house yet.....(i have info......) )

14. Tangerine

no not yet. and i watched the poor baby sleeping in the wet grass this past weekend.

15. doggymom

doggymom Well-Known Member

The Johnston county SPCA has used doghouses that they sell or give away

553-3749

The animal protection league also gives free doghouses
    989-7601

16. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Was he/she out there with no shelter during all that rain?

17. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Because they assume it is their right to have a dog. They grew up watching their parents keep a dog like that and they don't know any better. There are a great many intelligent people out there in this world without a lick of common sense, unfortunately, that's something you can't learn in college, you have to be born with it.

PS There is a LAW in Johnston County that a dog MUST have access to a shelter and it must offer 3 sides of coverage - call Johnston County Animal Services and they will take care of it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008