Good Hair Salon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lindsaywquinn, Jan 10, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I use Jenny at Andrea & Co for cuts and color, she's the best as far as I'm concerned. I haven't had a ped/manicure in ages - but I've heard that the one at White Oak (Lee's Nails?) is good. Planning to give them a try next week as I have a wedding to attend the following weekend. :lol:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Diva Nails at White Oak is the one I use (and I think the one Bandmom is talking about). Hairdressers, I think depends on what you want done.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Doing something drastic in about a month to my hairs! Whoop Whoop!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A good Hair Dresser? Well my wife did pull my shorts over my head the other day! :jester:

Really was just a bump per the request in Random Thoughts!

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks Hugh!

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't do well with change as far as my hair goes, but man it needs something. I have always had long hair and it's curly as well..I get a lot of people say great things about it..but since I have been doing this new job at work, it's up in a pony tail all the time, I might wear it down twice a month..my mom is trying to talk me into getting it a lot shorter..now today for some reason or other I want to do something with it..so all these places you guys talked about do any of them do walk in's? Cause once I think of doing it I got to get it over with..if not then I won't do it. I have a place I would normally go, but she doesn't work on Weds, and most of the time you have to make appt. I will change my mind if I do that.

Sheri

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Sheri - too funny, we have the same name, and by the sounds of it the same hair! Mine is long and curly, but will be cutting it next week. I hate curly hair, it's always frizzy, no matter what I do. I made my appt at Radiance, but was upset to find out they don't do nails, I thought they did. So I'd love something different, but not sure what. I don't have bangs and haven't in years, so was thinking about doing that, but with 3 little ones around, I'm afraid I'd never have time to do my hair. Right now it's so easy, I just pull it back every day with a hairband or something...

8. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

How much do cuts and color cost in the area? I'm certainly hoping that it's less than what I pay now. My former father-in-law calls the location of the place I go to the "high rent district." And yet, it's walking distance from my house and closeby to where he lives as well. :banghead:

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've never done a color before, but they're charging me $40 for a shampoo, cut and style. We'll see how it goes...I'm not one to pay too much attention to my hair, but I would like to if I had the time. I'd really like a highlight, which I've also never done before, but no time or money this time around for that...

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just had my hair cut, colored and highlight/lowlighted yesterday... I paid $140. The regular cut and full color is $70, and the "special effects" was another $70 for the 2 color highlight/lowlights.

11. harleygirl

To make your hair NOT FRIZZY - from one curly girl to another - mousse and then gel = no frizz! :mrgreen: I've got this down to a science!!! :hurray: Good luck with your new do and have fun at the partay!

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Harley - I would do that if I had time, but getting 3 kids ready in the morning, I put myself at the end of the list! Someday I'll get my mornings back...! If I were willing to get up earlier I could do it, but I enjoy my sleep too much! And yes, will enjoy the partay. I don't get to dress up very much and feel like a "woman" so it'll be nice for a night!

13. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

DMJ, get hubby to give you some $. I was thinking that a good cut, shampoo, and color/highlights would cost about $75-$100.
    Do something and pamper yourself, it's time girl!

14. rushlow2004

I did it!!!! Yesterday went to Head Quarters and man they were busy busy! But, yep got all of it cut off and she did highlights and all that fun stuff..I got spoiled...10 inches or more gone gone! Stacked up the back and all. My mom was shocked hehe...
    You should do it, I can't beleive how good it looks. My daughter said I looked younger haha.
    Sheri

15. rushlow2004

That is what I did too, never really had a problem with frizz at all really..but years and years of long hair oh lord I can't beleive I did it. :)
    Sheri

16. rushlow2004

Yep that is what I paid, with the tip and all..now I was stuck on that part cause I really wasn't sure how much to give her for a tip..so I guessed..I hope it was more then enough cause she really did a good job.
    Sheri

17. rushlow2004

I did the highlights and lowlights last yr around this time, and I paid 100 plus tip.
    It's still a lot of money for me lol. That is why it's been a year since I have done anything to my hair.
    SHeri

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am so excited for you!! I bet it looks sooo good!! And I am sure you look 10 years younger....long hair with no style usually ages you inadvertantly, so I know you look young and vibrant!! Its good for the soul!! Wooohooooo

19. harleygirl

Let's see! :hurray: I bet it looks good. I had my hair short one time and swore I'd NEVER have short hair EVER again. With curly hair if you don't know what to do with it (this was back in the early 90's) it tends to look like a fro. :?

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! :hurray: