A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Man, I went to Ho's tailor's yesterday to drop of some stuff to be altered and they were jam packed - had to wait in line!! But 'be rady Fri-day after-noon'

3. KellBell

where is that? I use 'Wangs' in Raleigh off Western....

(teehee 'Wangs' and 'Ho's' :lol:)

4. bandmom

Ho's is up in Garner. If you're on 70, its after the Forest Hills shopping area, its in the little shopping strip after Arbys. All the signage is green.

5. KellBell

oh yes, I know where it be.

6. bandmom

It's not really convenient for me, but the last time I took something to the lady at Thrifty Threads - the alterations cost more than the dress did (which I'd gotten on sale)! So decided to try Ho's again.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I am really turning into quite the fabulous cook! I am eating leftover chicken chopped up on a salad right now, but last night - it was Creamy Cilantro Chicken! Try it for yourself!

Skinless/boneless Chicken Breasts (I used 4/5 )
    HUGE Bunch of chopped FRESH (has to be fresh) cilantro
    Oil, for cooking chicken
    2 TBS Butter
    2oz softened cream Cheese
    2 TBS grated Parmesan Cheese

*Optional, lime juice or chilies

- Cook chicken breasts on the stove in coconut oil (a Tbs will do) until done. *Next time I might just grill them, really you can cook the chicken however you like.

- Remove chicken breasts to hot/warm plate

- In warm skillet mix in butter and softened cream cheese stir until smooth. Add chopped cilantro, cook for two minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken breasts.

You could add a little heat to it with chilies or add a squeeze of lime juice at the end!

The ingredients sounded kind of weird, and DH just KNEW it was going to be way too much cilantro - but it was delish!

8. bandmom

That sounds good! We tried something new last night too - Basil Pesto sauce. I've seen it in the store but had never tried it before..... Grilled some chicken tenders, cooked some pasta - added the pesto to the pasta - it was pretty good for an easy meal!

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Tonight = grilled steaks, taters, veggies...and a few corona's 8)

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I love pesto, that will be my next dish. And I can grow my own basil - woohoo!

11. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Very much the same gonna happen at this house! Substitute ML or red wine for the Coronas, and no taters. Trying to lose these last #$%^&*( 10 pounds.

Just started experimenting with woodchips in the gas grill. Grilled some chicken wings the other night and they were so good, all smokey! The steak is going to be awesome that way! Is it only 2:40? Really?

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep substitute the ML :cheers:

Yes it's only 3:03. :banghead:

I swear paperwork is NEVER ENDING!

13. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Know what makes me wanna :banghead: ? Someone that makes an appointment and I set aside 90 minutes and then they change their mind but don't bother canceling. My whole afternoon could have been different!!!

14. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Cold beer and 175 MPH cars in t - 1:24.....

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Friday for me :hurray: Almost outta here

But still got work to do tomorrow :? ...working on house stuff....ohh, I need a vacation

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

One step ahead of ya :cheers: God it beautiful outside!!! :hurray:

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I had a very nice surprise delivered to me today! :hurray:

18. bandmom

Well - what was it? Spill it, we wanna know...!! :mrgreen:

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to that girl on here a couple weeks ago, whos abusive husband either took or killed her cats? i don't remember who it was, but I'm sure you all remember what I'm talking about. Does anyone on here know her, or know how it turned out? I was just thinking of her, wondering if she found her cats, and if she moved out of the house. Seems like her last post said she was getting out soon.

20. KellBell

her name was 'Goldie' and last I saw, she posted I think over the weekend in the Cat/Dog section that there were no cats yet....I wonder about her too.