Best cell phone carriers in Clayton?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tigers are Grrr8!, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Tigers are Grrr8!

Tigers are Grrr8! Active Member

Any suggestions for cell phone carriers in Clayton? In Michigan, the best thing we found is Cingular...then we switched to T-Mobile :banghead:

2. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Alltel has some pretty darn good coverage in this area. Never had any real problems in 8 years in terms of coverage thoughout the carolinas..

3. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Just switched to Verizon and love it, have had very little problems with it and have been to the mountains, Lake gaston and the beach. Very very pleased!

4. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Personally I love the Sprint LG phones. But I will be first to admit that I get ify service if I go anywhere in the boonies.

Mountains-Check.
    Beach-Check.

5. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I have Verizon and I like it. I've had good customer service at the store in Clayton.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've been with Alltel since they started and been on the same network since 1993. Sprint sold out and it became 360 Communications and then it became Alltel. I've lived in several places in Eastern NC since then and have had good service throughout. Their customer service by phone is lacking a bit, but their network coverage is very good. Rarely do I ever have a dropped call or poor service. Plus, I recently upgraded to Touch2Talk (rivals Nextel) and like it alot.

7. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

Had Nextel for almost eight years and just switched to Alltel and I am very please except for down there near hwy 50 and Cleveland School Road intersection near the scrubby trailer park--- coverage is kinda sketchy so I just drive faster thru there if I am on the phone

8. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

NOT Embarq- they have dead spots all over Johnston County. Contract up in August...Can't wait...

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Switched from Nextel/Sprint sometime late last year/early this and LOVE it!!! Went with Alltel, no problems so far! We have the 20 "circle of friends" plan and it works out great for us. Trying to get more of our friends who are still with Nextel to switch. It's funny, everytime they don't have service, I do! :lol::lol:

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I have been w/ Alltel forever, never a problem w/ bill or service.... no complaints at all!

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Alltel stinks because every time I call my friends who have alltel all I get to listen to is annoying clicking while it connects. They never have service when I do - I like my sprint.

12. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

I have sprint and never had any HUGE problems. I don't have service at lake gaston (at least last year) and it doesn't bother me in the least...i go down there to get away from here!
    K

13. JayP

JayP Well-Known Member

I love LG phones - We have Verizon and were having terrible service with our Motorola phone. Couldn't even complete a call within 500ft of my house. So we call, complained, called, complained.

Finally, I spoke to someone who KNEW what they were talking about. They asked for my Motorola back and shipped me out a new LG - problem solved to my satisfaction. The LGs (according to the Verizon dude) has a longer and better antenna.

As for overall service, Verizon has been very good to me. They did screw up a bunch of times, but I got some sweet credits from them that made up for it. They even waived (yes, waived) and early termination fee for me once.

I know the guy in the Clayton store. His name's Banden (yes, I spelled that right). He's smart, friendly, looks out for you, etc. He's probably a Canadian.