A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

ahh - the good ole Boy Scout camping days.....many moons ago for us. Do you have an air mattress? If not - you need to get one before next time!!!! :lol:

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am in a bad mood! I am firing someones ayass todizay! Punks

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, we have them. My idea of camping is in our self-contained 27 ft travel trailer with a queen bed, a bathroom and a microwave. Not a tent! I thought my tent camping days were over, LOL. :p Plus we got caught OUT in that horrible thunderstorm on Sat afternoon, about a 1/2mile from our tent, which leaked of course, despite DH having put several coats of seam sealer and waterproofing spray, after all we did look at the weatehr forecast before we went. Been a long time since I have been literally outside in weather like that.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I can soooo relate!! I remember one trip some of the boy (and parents) had those 'pop-up' like dome tents and had not staked them down. This awful storm came up and their tents were rolling away, like tumble-weeds!

5. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We went camping at Banjo Creek this weekend. We went to the zoo Saturday and got poured on. The boys thought that was OK though - they just went riding their bikes through mud puddles when we got back to the camp grounds. We upgraded to a pop-up camper when baby girl was born last summer. However, we've decided a full bath would be a pretty neat thing to have while camping ... so we've decided to sell the pop-up & upgrade again. We were visiting with a couple of the folks at the campground this weekend who had travel trailers that were nicer than some homes. I'm not sure if it could really be referred to as camping when you have recliners set up in the living room so you can watch tv while dinner is cooking in the oven ... but that's OK with me, because I think I'd like that type of camping a little better. I can still let the boys build their campfire & roast smores. I'm getting too old to be roughing it in the wilderness :)

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Oh geez...here we go. It's MENstrual period time.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Absolutely! Nothing like being able to take a hot shower and fix food without fighting off the bugs, plus, love being able to turn on the A/C so you can sleep at night. :mrgreen: We have a Jayco, and I have been very pleased with it so far, it's about 4 years old now (bought it new) got it right here in Clayton at Camptown RV. We looked everywhere for one, including going to Greensboro, and they still had the best prices around.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it didn't rain one drop at my beach house this weekend. was 78 degrees and sunny all day Saturday. it was beautiful! :mrgreen:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: 8)

At least it stopped in time for the water balloon catapult competition! :mrgreen:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This has GOT to be the worst Monday I can ever remember. Somebody shoot me. :cry:

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Mine is actually going pretty good. It would be even better if some housecleaning fairy magically appeared and finished cleaning my house for me! :mrgreen:

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You know I have nothing....I can't say a word.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope you all have a great Monday........................................I'll chat with you later.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Already 12:10 :hurray:

Gotta to into Raleigh :?

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

If and when she gets done with your house can you send her to mine please? :jester:

17. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I agree kdc. We've bought 2 fifth wheels from them. They are the greatest people to work with. And like you, we went everywhere before buying. They had the best prices hands down. Now we're thinking about selling our last one and buying a park model to park at a lot we purchased.

Brenda

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cool!! :cheers: There are still several places I want to go before I settle into one spot. When I do, it will be on a lake or beach somewhere. :mrgreen:

19. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I agree. Nothing like getting to work in Raleigh and having to leave an hour later and drive all the way to Campbell.

20. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

To KDC & Bren
    We're looking into purchasing a camper from Camptown RV. I think we're going to wait until the next camper show to get the discount. What kind of camper do you have and how do you like it?

We're looking into a Jayfeather, the kind with a bedroom up front and bunks in the back. I think there are 3 that we're considering.

Do you guys have any favorite campgrounds? We're really excited about doing this. The in-laws have a 5th wheel that we've borrowed (they took it down for us) and had a lot of fun. We've searched a few campgrounds online but it's usually better when you get a recommendation.

Thanks
    K