A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

its beginning to rain here, this car is going to be ruined. :x
    i'm stressing.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We have a Jayco Jayflight 27 ft. pull behind. Queen bed in front, couch converts to a full, table converts to a full, bunks in back with a twin on top and a full on the bottom. No slides (didn't want the added weight or potential for breakdowns, and there are only 3 of us most times). Overall, I am pleased, the interior looks new still and we've had it over 4 years. My complaint would be the stickers on outside bubbling up in the heat and the wheels are starting to rust, it just looks bad, going to have to get them re-painted this year. We pull it with 2004 Dodge 1500 w/Hemi. Really recommend going with the anti-sway hitch if you don't do the fifth wheel, it's worth the money. You go much bigger than that, you will need a diesel for sure. We camp mostly at Jordan lake. Lots to do between boating and the beach, etc. and it's not too far. Took it to PirateLand at Myrtle Beach last year and loved it. We've also camped at one place near the Zoo in Asheboro, but can't remember the name right now. Oh, and of course a couple trips to Charlotte for race weekends. :mrgreen: For super quick trips, just to get away, we go to a little spot just outside Wilson, they have a pool and it's very quiet. Time hasn't permitted us to go much longer than a 3 or 4 day weekend due to DH's job.............but we have really enjoyed it when we do get to go.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

Want me to beat somebody up for you? :boxing:

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

yeah, my daughter. lol there is a big ole hole in the back of her car where he window used to be. :x

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've been to Hawley's a few times looking, even were serious about trading up to a fifth wheel at the time, but couldn't even get a salesman to take us serious or call us back. That's OK though, I will spend my money at Camptown, they were happy to help us. 8) Glad you had a better experience, but yours was more recent. I vowed never to step foot on their lot again 3 years ago.

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Krattie, we have a 2005 34' Sunnybrook fifth wheel. It has 3 slides. One in the bedroom with a king bed, one in the living room where the pull out sofa is, and one in the kitchen. We had a table with 4 chairs in it but my DH put in the booth set so we could sleep 2 more people. Most of the time when we go, there are 6 of us. We pull ours with a 2005 F250 Diesel.

As for favorite campgrounds, we love pirateland... www.pirateland.com. We're getting ready to head to Willow Tree which is our second favorite. www.willowtreervr.com . When we go to Willow Tree my DH and I usually go by ourselves and some friends of ours get the lot beside us. We have a ball there. Now if you have small kids you probably wouldn't like it. It's geared more for adults. We also have been to Jordan Lake a few times.

Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you get!! Maybe we'll cross paths one day. (I'm still waiting to run into kdc)

Brenda

7. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

My DH wanted to get a slider hitch....we've just never done it. After camping in the mountains one year and seeing how our neighbor was able to put his right into his lot made us really see how good they are to have.

I'm glad you got a good deal at Hawley's. They could never seem to get in our price range. My uncle just went there and purchased a Class C and he is thrilled. He really liked Hawley's too.

Brenda

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We need to collaborate this summer and make sure that happens!! :mrgreen:

9. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Good morning biotches!!! God I just love yall.

My friend is in from Seattle and I am going to Creedmore to see her at her sisters. I am excited. I will tell her that yall said hello.

ROFL:hurray:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

tell her we said HAY!!! :mrgreen:

I miss you girl!! I wish you could be on during the day....

Happy Tuesday!!

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i've been to seattle a bunch-o-times...spent our honeymoon here:

http://www.salishlodge.com/

[​IMG]

that's a 275 foot waterfall, y'all

12. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Is that you on the rock below. She didnt go with you? j/k. ROFL

Beautiful!!!

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

no, it's not me, we didn't have digital pictures waaaaaaay back in 1992...but it looks alot like our pictures.

back in my day....hey, you kids! get outta my yard!

14. KellBell

Beautiful!!!

How about a room in that Inn/Hotel up on the left, at the top....that would be sweet!!

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Morning....at least it's not Monday again! I SO need a vacation!:?

16. KellBell

where the heck are all the girls today? its a ghost town in here.....

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Well this day has gone straigt to hell in a handbasket.

Good grief. :banghead::banghead:

One day, ya'll are going to see me on the news. :boxing:

18. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Roll call...kookook checking in

Hiding under my desk hoping the work will do its self.

...it's not looking very promising.

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

here just trying to work, I feel a cold coming on for friday, cough cough!

20. le

le Well-Known Member

Is that sunshine!??!?!?! 8)