A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

That one is cute. lol

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: People are in too much of a hurry these days. It doesn't bother me as much on the interstate as it does on the local/rural rds. Several times lately I've had people right on my tail, even after I've given my turn right signal - but instead of slowing down, they zoom around me - crossing double yellow lines - and that really bothers me. One of these days they're gonna cause a head-on collision!!:banghead:

3. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

I'm proud of myself...had that one on the first read-through (unlike the one that originally started this line of thought).

I saw a really cool one for my former aunt-in-law (ex-h's uncle divorced her).

HITBR

Happiness is the best revenge

At first she was devastated by the divorce--had been married for over 20 years at that point. But then she got back up, moved on and married a wonderful man about 4 years ago. I think her ex is still single and probably bitter.

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Not very long ago, I was on Cornwallis road going towards White Oak Crossing, had a big SUV on my butt because 50 mph in a 45 mph just wasn't fast enough for him, so when we reached that area of Jo./Wake co. lines, at that new subdivision, the guy just guns it passing me on double yellow lines and used the turn lanes for that subdivision.

I guess there have been some complaints from residents that live in that area of Cornwallis, because lately I've noticed the Wake County or the HP parked in the entrance to the subdivision looking for speeders and doing a good job of catching them, now if they'd stake out the Greenfield parkway area because 55-60 in a 35 is not cool, esp. when people use that area to walk/run and having those curves in the road someone is going to get hit.

5. bandmom

Yep - I've seen that alot lately too - using the turn lanes as passing or driving lanes!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My favorite traffice violation right now is lack of signal use. Put the freaking phone down and use that little thing sticking out from your steering column. People behind you don't have a crystal ball. Happened to me again this morning on Main St. in Clayton. Dumb butt stops dead in the middle of the street, no signal, then turns into a parking lot. Yapping away. Yeah, buddy, your the only one on the road. :roll: I hope my horn made your conversation difficult to hear. :evil:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Going to Wilmington Saturday am to see my friend Kim's new house!!! She's got a pool!!!!!! :hurray: I can't wait. :cheers:

8. CausesChaos

CausesChaos Guest

haha yeahh i guess its cus im not used to talking with elders

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

:lol: That is funny!!! I would have thought the same thing!!

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Has anyone noticed there is a lil kid running around the forum ? Does he belong to anybody or should I call dss to come pick him up? LMAO

11. shar824

I notice him running around!! Don't know where his mama went to though???:jester:

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Well, she needs to come and get him. It may be about nap time for him he been running around all morning. lol

13. shar824

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol: He's kinda comical though.....kinda like my 3 year old:jester:

14. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Yeah, he is a cute lil terd we should adopt him. lol

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I just saw him, call DSS

16. bandmom

I love it when sales reps come in bearing gifts! Just had one bring me a box of bakery goodies!!! :mrgreen:

17. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

love it!

18. bandmom

and the great thing was that she really wasn't trying to sell me anything (I hate those ones....:evil:) She was just dropping off some some brochures and packets about Biltmore events for the summer!

19. shar824

Hey cool!!! Can you send her to my office? I gotta sweet tooth right now 8)

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Anybody notice that Paul Holcombe on the right over yonda looks like Simon Cowell?