WHAT?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Apr 24, 2008.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Hey, I have been traumatized as a child I accidently walked in on my Grandmother just after her shower, I knocked but she apparently did not hear me.
    (shudder) (chills)
    Picture a Basset Hound in a shower cap....scary.
    Nothing in the right place. Scared me for months.

What would make a 60 year old woman flash a bunch of kids.
    My step son goes to West Johnston.
    If he saw it, he will never want to see a pair of boobs again.
    (although it is kinda funny)

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

that's gotta be one of the funniest things i've read in a long time

3. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Just what is wrong with a basset hound wearing a shower cap?????

4. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

When I told my daughter it was an EC teacher, she said "I wonder if it was the creepy old lady?" Apparently, it is.

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

She teaches B.E.D. kids? Do you know any B.E.D. high school age children? These are the kids who typically are wasting our tax dollars and should just be booted out the door. I'll just say if they are still classified BED (kids with behavior issues) at high school age ... they are not kids I would assume are credible. It would be interesting to hear the teacher's side of the story and whether there was a witness that was not one of the students.

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

not all BED kids are wasting our dollars should be booted. there are some that want to be there that just need that extra attention and all they get in BED. shouldn't be so quick to judge.

7. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

They don't need the kind of attention my daughter says they get. She has lunch at the same time, tells me they yell at them constantly. Told me that one girl was eating her hamburger when it was time for them to finish, and it was knocked out of her hands. Also told me if they are looking at the ground, they are yelled at to look up. It is no wonder they are looking at the ground, sounds like they have been humiliated!

8. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, I know several.

It would appear that, with bigoted crap like that, you don't know high school BED kids yourself.

Idiot!

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Okay, I don't know what BED means? Does that mean Behavioral, Emotional, Disability?

10. noahazark

noahazark Guest

BED students

For those of you who are fussing about wasting tax dollars on these children, maybe you should first learn about BED. These children are not BORN to act this way, many are the after-product of their caretakers- supposed to be adults who should be keeping them safe, etc. - ABUSE! Many are sexually, physically and emotionally abused. So when you complain about them, you should blame your own peers for the awful things these kids have had to endure. I have worked with these kids (and yes, high school kids, too) for over 15 years and it is not something that suddenly disappears when they become teenagers. Our generation has done this damage and they should not be cast aside for what has been done to them

11. Clif

Clif Guest

More ignorance, this time from a n00b.

Of the several B. E. D. kids I know, not a single one is the product of "care-giver abuse". There may be one or two, but they are certainly not in the majority.

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The report I got was that her watch hooked on her top and it pulled to show a tiny bit of skin - no flashing, no nasty bits. She reported it herself to the Office-
    the KIDS turned it into a BIG DEAL...
    no flashing, no second peek.

mostly teenager BS is what I think.

No, I do NOT know this teacher. No, I do not have a child at WJHS.

13. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

What is B.E.D? Behavioral, Emotional, Disability?

14. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

yes :)

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

You are naive then. Kids do not get and keep this label in high school because they talk a lot in class. I have worked with special education in many public schools (including high school) and have known many teachers who work with this population. I did NOT say ALL B.E.D. kids ...someone else interpreted those words. Unfortunately most of those kids (especially if still B.E.D. by high school) directly reflect poor, absent parenting or dysfunctional home lives. Many have had educational support since their young elementary years but it has had no affect. The influences of home far impede anything the school system tries to do to help the kids. Some of those kids ARE dangerous and disruptive to the education of others and should not be there!!

My comment was solely about this specific accusation of the teacher flashing. Many here are jumping to condemn and bash the teacher. We don't know the details nor if the source(s) of the accusation are credible. Given the population of students, in general, I'll wait for more info.

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Confirms my point. Don't be so quick to jump!

17. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I think this is where people see where you lumped all BED kids together at least that was the way I read it, I see what you are saying but all kids are different.

18. Clif

Clif Guest

Says the person with no factual knowledge.

No, they get it because of mental and physical issues that have nothing to do with poor parenting.

And yet you are so wrong. I wonder why6 that is?

It certainly wasn't me. I didn't say ALL either. I said there may be SOME who have issues relating to social (home) problems, but MOST are labeled B. E. D. due to mental or physical issues.

Funny how, of the many I know, none are labeled B. E. D. due strictly to social issues. All of those I know personally have been diagnosed with ADHD or some other mental pr physical issue.

That's because there is no cure for the mental and/or [physical issues they suffer with.

My comment was solely about this specific accusation of the teacher flashing. Many here are jumping to condemn and bash the teacher.[/quote]And we solve that by bashing the students? Not only that but bash the B. E. D. students? I'll bet you were one of those who teased and bullied the kids who rode the short bus, aren't you?

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Damn...Just created to post on this thread. Bunch of scaredy cats.

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Your experience base appears limited. You only having experience with "several" BED kids I can understand where you may draw a different conclusion. This has apparently hit a nerve and maybe close to home for you. Again, I did not say all BED kids.