What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

Library?.......Sale?....say no more:mrgreen:

2. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Have just finished "My Sister"s Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. This was a really good book. Also thought I had figured out the very end but wrong-was a strange twist that took it to a different direction. So now I am reading her book "Mercy" and it is another good book.

3. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

I am reading "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. It's pretty good so far. About one of those scorned schoolkids that goes beserk and shoots up the place. Also reading "Eat This, Not That"-you would be amazed how much fat and how many calories are in some of the meals we eat!!

4. superkathy

superkathy Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by superkathy
    Just finished reading"Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs. I loved it.

I just can't believe he grew up like that and is still able to be successful. It goes to show people shouldn't cry "woe is me" and blame things on childhood.

5. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

6. hnossa

hnossa Guest

Book Club

Are there any active book clubs in the area or at any of the local libraries?

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Hobo's in a Model T - William Whisler

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Founding Faith, Steven Waldman

9. Aj

Aj Guest

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

This is a great book, although it breaks my heart to read it. However, it's also inspirational. This is a true story-Randy has terminal cancer and is a professor. He is asked to give a "last" lecture. Most professors do this at the end of their careers, but for him it truely is his last one. He decides to do one on acheiving your childhood dreams. Someone in the audience records it, then it became known nationwide and now it's ended up a book. Anyhow-good book. :)

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

When Time Began by Zecharia Sitchen

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Somewhat related question. Do y'all actually READ books, or listen to them on CD/tape/mp3/other?

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I Love to actually read books in print. I just finished up the series of 7 Yada Yada Prayer Group books by Neta Jackson...awesome!

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I actually read the book too.

15. Aj

Aj Guest

I love to actually read the books. It gets hard to find time to read with 3 kids, but it's relaxing for me to sit down and have some time to myself. :)

16. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Warcraft: The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb

i always read books. i haven't been able to listen to people read to me since i was around 10... the images just don't work as well imo.

17. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I usually actually read books but I also love to listen to tapes/cds while cleaning. I like to listen in the car as well, provided it is something "light" so I don't get too involved!

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just finished "Saving Faith" by David Baldacci . Not my favorite by him, but not bad. Have never listened to one. Love to read when I'm in the mood and have the time.

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Just finishing up Fair Game by Valerie Plame Wilson. Fascinating and enlightening. I never listen to audio books, but I just got one to listen to on my next trip to Florida, Dreams from My Father, read by the author.

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Hey, that was on Hugh's list of cult books!