A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Pfff that's a joke. It wouldn't be even close to meeting code. :lol:

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Try diet MD... after drinking Dt MD for so long I try reg MD and it just about sends me into sugar shock.

It's like liquid crack for me some days.:mrgreen:

3. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

WTG Grammie :cheers:
    CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB!! I am very proud of you too :hurray:

4. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

Man, that sucks! I would be having trouble with that, too. Mountain Dew is how I wake up in the morning.

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Mt.Dew would have mebouncing off of walls....Eyes fluttering....etc.

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I am not quite that bad but i did it by choice. I havent had a soft drink of any kind in about 8 months now. Tea, Gatorade and Water (with the occasional adult beverage) is all i drink now. Getting off the soft drinks is not that bad once you visualize how much actual sugar is in a 12oz can of Coke.

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question370.htm

If you can imagine eating this many spoonfuls of sugar at a time, then its pretty easy to quit them totally.

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm still amazed when I see people drinking a lot of soda, especially in the morning. I might drink one soda a week, usually out at a restaurant, and I don't drink coffee or tea either. I'm just high on life, I guess...

Sometimes I wish I drank coffee, maybe I'd be more energetic. But I don't like it...:ack:

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Well, I have always been told I couldn't have that stuff but I cheated a little bit and well it has caught up with me. I was actually told soda will = my death if I don't stop now. So after some thinking I am gonna just give it up and do as I am told. ( I am hard headed) Now I just gotta learn to live with it. I was told NO gatorade or any type of sports drink either so I guess I am gonna be a green tea with lemon drinker. I can eat whatever I want but I'd rather drink than eat. LOL

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Are you diabetic?

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Trying a new drink tonight - well, I've had it before, just haven't made it myself :mrgreen: Ruby red grapefruit juice (lite version), Ruby red vodka and a splash or two or three of orange juice. Tis very good, had it at the beach last weekend. Trying to recreate that feeling......:cheers:

PS: That's my kittae <------ in my avatar. I made it into my desktop background, so now he looks at me all day........

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i went back through the thread to find where Grammie posted about a new job and then DUH, it hit me, that's her daughter posting, she has the inside line on Grammie's info:lol: Anyway, congrats on your new job Grammie whatever it is:hurray:

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Mmmm. Fresh baked choc chip cookies. From scratch. :mrgreen:

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

diet dr pepper. tastes the most like a real drink....

14. ServerSnapper

:x

15. Cleopatra

Did I mention they are crispy? With oats? See, that makes them healthy... besides the two sticks of butter, cup of sugar, oh the brown sugar... you get the picture. Mmmmmm. :lol:

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

No, I have one kidney that dosen't function properly and a kidney disorder that causes stones, infections exc. and thats why I can't drink the sugary stuff but eating it has no effect on me well, unless I like ate a whole lot then it might but I don't eat a lot of sweets I just like to drink them LOL. Its not just the sugar its all the ( as my DR. puts it) gunk thats in those drinks.

17. ServerSnapper

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

18. Cleopatra

Sorry to leave you hanging. I was licking the melted choc off my fingers. Bwahahahah!!

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Anybody have any items to donate to our Cystic Fibrosis yard sale? :lol::lol: I'll even come get it! It is next Saturay so you have a full week to dig through your closets! Thanks!!

20. ServerSnapper

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong...!!!!

I hope your cookies fall on the floor and the Dog pees on them.