Looking for a place to buy veg plants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by paddy, May 1, 2008.

1. paddy

paddy New Member

Hey all,

Anyone know of a greenhouse were I can get seedlings. Toms, Cukes, peppers, squash, etc.

Wanted to try local plants this year instead to getting them for Lowe's hardware.

Thanks,

Pat

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Farmer's Market.

3. booboo4042

booboo4042 Guest

FFA at West johnston has plants! i got peppers $3.00 for a dozen. 919-934-7333

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Also on 50 going towards Garner from here, i believe the name is Michaels, i have bought both seeds and seedlings from them for my veggie garden and they are local.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I saw lots of seedlings at Lowes HI last night. Also there will be some plants at the WJHS band yard sale on Sat at the Cleveland storage.

6. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

Farmer's Market

I recently came across a neat little place at Wilson's Mills (Just off of 70 between Clayton & Smithfield). Nice little indoor farmers market with fresh veggies and things and a greenhouse to buy plants. They have several greenhouses out back where they grow their own. I bought my tomato and sweet red pepper plants there. Nice friendly people, reasonable prices.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Ken's Produce on Hwy 50, heading into Garner, on the right.

or the Little Hardware Store on the corner of Old Stage and 1010

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is the name of the one i was thinking about, knew it was a guy's name:lol:

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Got ours at Hudson Hardware today. Along with potting soil, Black Cow, and 25 bales of wheat straw. Gonna do that Straw Bale Gardening thing again!!!

10. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

We got ours from Hudson's also. Have they gotten zucchini in yet?

11. dgsatman

They did yesterday.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Where is Hudson's and how much are the bales of straw?

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yeah, i got some heirloom tomatoes and some bell peppers at hudsons, but they didn't have any other veggies...of course, they could have just sold them all, being i was there at 2 in the afternoon on the day of their grand opening....

oh, and hudson's is where the family home and garden used to be in clayton, next to where the winn dixie used to be. amelia church and 70, behind the crown station

14. dgsatman

Wheat straw at Hudson's - $3.25 a bale + tax. We did 27 last year, but a new layout this year, she's only using 25.