Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, May 8, 2008.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Whatcha doin?

2. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My Mom is supposed to be coming down. Lots of cooking out to do I hope.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Zoo w/ the kids in Asheboro. We go every year.

Can't believe it is almost Memorial Day Weekend. That's nuts!

stephanie--mom to 7

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

THE BEACH!!!!

big shock I know!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

6. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

My mom, daughter, and I are going to NY to visit family and friends. Can't wait!! :hurray::hurray:

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Celebrating my birthday and going to the Coca-Cola 600!!!!

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Probably going to Camp Dixie w/ the church. That is so much fun!

9. sus

sus Well-Known Member

AWWWWWWWWWW i want to go to the 600 :cry: But DH will only go to little tracks..

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Probably resting but i am sure we will have a cookout pool thing going on.

11. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

Beach and trying out the new Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach! I'll let you know how it is when I get back! Can't wait!!

12. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Hopefully opening the pool after just returning from a week of camping! :mrgreen:

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stephanie - That's what we're doing this Sunday! I can't wait, I love the zoo as much as my kids. My 2 yo will LOVE IT! Do you buy the zoo membership? Seems like that'd be the way to go with your sized family! We're thinking about doing that this time around...

As for Memorial Day, we're going to the beach with friends for the weekend. I have never done the beach during Memorial Day because I don't like the crowds, but it's a pretty quiet area where they are, and I think we'll have lots of fun! I can't wait!

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We'll prolly be stayin' home *****ing about the price of gas. LOL

... with the grill fired up and friends over ... :cheers:

15. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I used to live rather close to the beach and hated the crowds there too during Memorial Day weekend--LOL. As for the zoo membership, well, welll worth it. See though if Lowes Foods still has the coupons for it. They were giving a discount for families and it made the membership just $49. We have a vendor discount through my husband's work though and got it for $54 so Lowes is a great deal. With the membership, you can also get into other state facilities and discounts here and there. Like aquariums. Definitely buy the membership. Kids young and old love it. And it tires them out! Yeah.

See you tomorrow I'm sure. Look for pinnochio and his mom. And nope, still haven't gotten an idea for that costume together. We have ideas in our heads, it's the execution part--LOL. Made the rice krispie treats w/ my daughter today but I'm thinking trying to cut them into wands and crowns may not work. We'll see. Enjoy the zoo.

Stephanie--mom to 7

16. Clif

Clif Guest

Going to Franklin to sift through buckets of dirt.

17. sus

sus Well-Known Member

Looking for gems? or just wanting to play in the dirt?

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

North Topsail - all the way to the end of New River Inlet Road.

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Do you mean you're cutting the treats into wands and crowns? Wow, you're brave! If I tried that it would become a sticky mess! I don't know if your teacher told you this, but we can just send them in sunday clothes if you don't have a costume...might be easier at this point! I found my boy some green pants today, so bought them a size too small, hope that works. Didn't make the hat yet, but how hard can it be? :? As soon as he comes home we're trying the costume on to see what adjustments need to be made. I'm so bad at this stuff...I'm much better at cooking/baking/helping out in other ways...I think I need to take a craft class or get some books or something! And as far as the zoo goes, I did get that coupon and have been saving it...I hope it is worth it. Maybe we'll go to the aquarium while we're at the beach this summer. I know the kids would love that too! What other places is it good for, do you know?

20. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

Hopefully alot of nothing! Maybe we'll get some steaks from DR Wells, grill 'em up, and have people over for some beer and grilled yummies!:cheers: