La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

As usual - the pizza was delish, the service was good, the staff friendly, and the place was clean. I had the chicken ceasar salad, pretty good. DD2 loved the oil dip - even with the addition of balsamic vinegar. Thank You!

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Where is this place, McK's?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think he's talking about McKinleys. It's in the same center as Lowe's Foods in Clayton.

4. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

La Piazza is Great!

I just happened to stop there for lunch this past weekend, and this place is great! I will definitely be going back and bringing friends.

If you haven't been I highly recommend it.

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

My daughter & I had dinner at La Piazza tonight, and it was great. We sat outside on the patio, there was plenty of room out there. The lobster ravioli was wonderful, and the amber martinis were great. Our server was Tommy, and he was very attentive and helpful. We will definitely go back.

6. Hatteras6

We had dinner there last night. C6 had some type of Chicken francesca, kind of a lemon chicken thing. Wasn't up to my taste. My shrimp scallopini was delish. Salad was a bowl of lettuce with 2 'mater slices..no real effort at making a tossed salad (Leave it alone Ken et al) Appetizer was most disappointing..ordered calamari...had all the taste of bisquik...no flavoring at all. Anytime I have to add salt for flavor, there's a problem. So far, I'm less impressed with each visit. Doesn't seem worth the drive from here to there.

7. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Hatteras, I like your taste and your observations match my own quite often. I love to hear your opinions.

8. Cleopatra

You just can't help yourself, can you Omni??? <rolls eyes>

9. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I have eaten there numerous times, and every time I can't wait to go back! The service is great, food is awesome. I haven't had a bad meal there. I would recommend this to any Italian food lover!

10. OmniOne1

:?:Even when I agree and support Hat I do something wrong:?:

hmm...

Hat your ideas and opinions are WRONG!

:jester:

11. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

It could be, and keep in mind this is just a guess, that she hates you.

12. OmniOne1

Haha, I like you too. Finally people that understand and relate to my opinions.

13. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Hey H6, I tend to agree. Not really worth the drive. I hope the new italian place on main in Clayton extends their hours. They are only open Thurs.,Fri., and Sat. evenings. Food is excellent as well as the service.

14. Hatteras6

PC, I musta missed hearing about the new place. Details, please?

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Mulberry on Main? I think there have been a couple of threads on it, but I'm too lazy to search. ;)

16. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Right it is Mulberry On Main, opens at 5pm Thurs, Fri and Sat. Very good!!!!

17. Cleopatra

Nah, hate is a pretty strong word. I just like to call a spade a spade. When has Omni ever agreed with anybody on here, or even posted outside of a restaurant thread for that matter? (oh yeah, once or twice on child-rearing threads with even more hilarious results).

Carry on.

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I will say, it appears Omni is trying more lately, I've seen him/her on a few threads lately...

19. OmniOne1

Well I agree with Hatteras did I not?

20. Winger

Winger Guest

First time eating at La Piazza. I took my wife and two kids.

IMO, I've had better Italian from Marie Callender's frozen foods. The price did not reflect the quality of the food. They also had a fly problem the night we were there.

On a positive note, the waiter was very nice and attentive. He was quick with the bread and in keeping our drinks filled. The portions were good to slightly too much. That is probably good for heavy eaters but not enough to warrant the higher cost.

I've heard that Two Cousin's has great pizza but have yet to try it. I won't let this experience keep me from trying their pizza at 210 but we will not be going back to La Piazza.