Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I will guys, I'm just sick to death over this. DH and I always have Shelby & Matties best intrest at heart.

I'll keep you updated.

This weekend I didn't have anyone to come let her out while we are camping - luckily it's only 10 minutes from home so I'll be coming back home later tonight to let her out and feed her and then back VERY early in the am to let her out again. It just sucks. IF I thought she was in pain, we'd be at the vet already, but she's just "resting" more often and longer times. I won't let her go out for more than 20 minutes at a time, although I *think* sunshine is the best medicine sometimes.

Thanks for your thoughts and hugs. I can't even tell you how much DH & I appreciate it. We'll need more.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

As a being I don't think I could ask for a nicer way to go to the hereafter - No pain and loved!

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:grouphug: HG!

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Aw, Harley ... I wish there was anything I could say. Just be with her as much as you can, and let her tell you when she's ready to go. *HUGS*

5. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

HG I'm hoping that things will take a turn for the better. I know how hard it is to let go. It's only been 11 months for us since we had our big girl cremated. It still hurts like crazy. Her ashes are now buried underneath our dogwood tree. And yes, if we ever move, she's moving too!!!

6. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I know it is hard to say goodbye! I had a siamese cat years ago that I had since I was a teen. I just knew he was getting bad when he stopped drinking. Before bed one night we chatted and I told him that it was ok to go and that I would be ok. I just basically told him goodbye and the next morning he had died. So sad, I still get teary thinking about it! :cry:

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Oh HG, I'm so sorry! :cry: I jumped into this thread in the beginning, and realized you posted about Shelby's tumor on 5/16/2006. Almost two years to the day - she has had a long, loving time with you. Make sure she has no pain, and nurture yourself as well. Love and peace to you both.

8. harleygirl

WE came back in the am and pm and at night to let her out and check on her while we were camping. I made her a chicken breast and she's only eating a little bit of it at a time, so that's good, and still drinking water. The 10 small pieces of chicken I gave her last night messed up her stomach so I had a mess to clean up when I got home this morning, but we've had her blocked in the kitchen, thank god for that.

It's only a matter of time....

9. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this news. She's had a lot of love from you and that counts for a lot! I know this has to be so hard for you. Hugs to you both.

10. harleygirl

Nevermind.

She can't control herself now.

Today will have to be the day.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  11. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

So sorry. I will be thinking about you all.:grouphug:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

HG...I am so sorry. My heart absolutely breaks. I have been where you are. I second-guessed myself countless times if my decision was right and was it done at the right time, etc. I am here for you. Please let me know how I can help.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Awww HG.... you're making me cry at work. My heart just aches for you, DH, Shelby & Mattie. You know you've given her the best life she ever could have had, and you know you'll see her again one day. You've been the best mommy and she'll love you for being able to let her go.

:cry:

14. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

HG, I'm so sorry.... :cry:

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Oh ((((((((((hg)))))))))))) ((((((((((((shelby)))))))))))).

I wish there was something I could say or do to make this easier. I'm here for you. We're all here here for you. I'm holding you in my heart and I'm so, so sorry. :cry: :grouphug:

16. harleygirl

Thank you guys so much.

DH and I took her in this morning to see Dr. Debbie, her staff is so caring and so loving. They are truly wonderful people.

I feel like someone ripped my heart out of my chest.

Ya'll take care.

17. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Awww....Hugs HG!!!!

My 3 year old will tell you....(and you know he will tell you as you met him, he's a chatterbox!!!!) "Don't worry, Shelby will be OK, God wants a nice doggy to play with and she can play with our kitties too!!!"

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Harley, so sorry to hear that. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    can't find the words girl - call me:cry:

20. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Aw, HG I'm so sorry. :grouphug: You did a wonderful, unselfish thing by letting her go and not making her suffer for your sake.

Shelby gave you lots of years of cuddles and hugs and happy smiles. That picture of her floating in the pool makes me smile every time I see you post. She has such a great look on her face.

Love you girl.