A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I got a big bouquet of lillies and then a rose from each daughter.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

For Mother's Day, I got breakfast in bed... some ice cream, brocolli, celery, cookies...(yes...from the play kitchen:jester:) then hubby brought up some pop tarts and fruit...which of course was shared by all in the bed!!

Got two glow fish from the boys to put in our tank, two hanging flowers AND

went to dinner at Chops...(yum..yum...)

All in all it was pretty good!!! I love my boys!!

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I think my neighbor is a stalker!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Omni??? :)

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

No, we've been at our new house for a month now. Our neighbor across the street is really starting to creep me out. You NEVER see him outside unless I go out there to work in my flower beds. He sits there and stares at me. The other day he was mowing his grass and as he's riding his lawn mower with his back facing me, he is turned around in the seat watching me. It's got so bad I don't even want to go in the front yard. My husbands work truck is a big box truck and I have him park it beside the flower bed so I can be "hidden". When my husband does this, ole Creepy John goes back inside. But as soon as my husband moves his truck, the guy is sitting out there staring again. We don't want to be bad neighbors, but I can only take so much before I tell him off. I heard his wife yelling at him the other day asking him why he was staring across the street, so she has to be aware of what he's doing!

6. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

If you feel uncomfortable, it's time for your husband to step in.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, DH would be over there having a little "chat" with said neighbor. You'll keep having problems unless someone calls him out about it.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my sister had a creepy neighbor like that, he ended up breaking into her house and stealing her panties....no lie.....FREAK!!!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hate insurance companies!! I know they have their reasons, but we are being randomly audited for dependant eligability, I have to give them a copy of our taxes, our marriage certificate (which has been lost for 17 years, have to pay $$$$ to get another one:roll:) and a copy of DS's birth certificate. I haven't EVER needed to give ANYONE my marriage certifcate. What a load!

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Mother's Day at my house was awful! Had a good b'fast at Golden Corral, then attempted to enjoy walking around the mall with hubby and kids. What a nightmare...2 yo screamed the whole time (yes, the whole entire time!), 4 yo whined almost the whole time (seriously, I'm not joking!). We were supposed to go to the zoo, which I was excited about, but that didn't happen because of weather, and as it turned out it was closed this weekend due to water break...Dinner was at Kobe, which was the first time we went and it was very good, but 4 yo continued whining because he didn't want that food...UGH! At least the oldest was sweet and well behaved. Next year I'm just staying in bed all day and telling everyone to leave me alone! I really wanted to have a nice day with the family, but that didn't work too well...

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That doesn't sound like too much fun! Mine was good, although VERY busy. We were out of town, so I had to get up early to go see my Grandmother, then get back to help prepare lunch for everyone, then we had a four hour drive to get home. I was exhausted, but it was good to get to visit the fam.
    11 of us went out to eat Sat night instead of fighting the crowds on Sunday to my favorite restaurant in the world. If any of you are ever driving up I-77 or I-81(they intersect there), in Wytheville, VA......................make plans to stop in at "Peking" for lunch or dinner, there are signs from the interstate. I tell you, they have the best chinese food anywhere, bar none.

12. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I'm with that DMJ!!! My 10 year old didn't want to come home from his friends house, my 2 year old is well....2 YEARS OLD. My mother hung up on me when I called her (if she's ever been a mother would be a surprise to me). My husband was just not up to par...ok LAZY! I had to cook the steaks and the cat had an accident in the middle of my bed, which I had to steam clean the mattress. So not only am I staying in bed all day next year ....it will be a bed at a local hotel BY MYSELF!!! :hurray::hurray:

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Wow... I thought I had a sour start b/c hubby was picking on me before I even got out of bed. Then he got my kiddo to do the same... I feel blessed reading all you lady's stories! Now that I think about it... my day was off the charts great! :lol:

I had a Mother's day weekend, not just a day! :mrgreen:

14. KellBell

me too!!

I was spoiled yesterday.....gosh.....I didn't want the weekend to end.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No, wait. Pull up a lawn chair and start "crushing his head" Kids in the Hall style.

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

That's the other thing: I was supposed to go to a hotel with a friend of mine and stay the night, we were going to shop and watch lifetime, and instead she decides to go get into a car accident on Saturday and cancel on me!! (j/k - I'm not really mad at her, glad she's ok! but it would have been fun...)

17. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

DD and I took C6 to IHOP for breakfast (her favorite place for pancakes), and then treated her to a pedicure/manicure. We had dinner last night at China King (her call). A great day for her, she said as she plaintively asked me to help her remove her wedding band, later last night. Seems that her finger has swollen, and she was concerned about the pressure. It took me 30 minutes to cut the band, as I didn't have the correct tools, and neither of us wanted to hurt her finger. Promised her that we'd go get her a new one when the swelling goes down.

Here's the neat part.

on the 21st, that's our "FILAFS" 33rd anniversary. Fell In Love At First Sight Day...we ,et at Fort Macon on May 21, 1975..and that was IT!

SO, my plan is to get her a band that will last us another 33 years. Wish me luck!

H6

18. Hatteras6

Bootise..gonna cosign the probable loan for that kinda thing? I was PM'd. Someone said dthat styrofoam never dissolves either..LOL

19. KellBell

Hat...you betta go on up there and see the Brothers Gorgeous (aka Jordan's Jewelers) and do what you are suppose to do....buy that woman a diamond band....diamonds are forever!!

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  20. Hatteras6

KB,
    and what..overshdaow the three diamonds that nest with her band...a Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow setting..and if I may brag..reminds me of the Fresnel lens of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Light.... Nope, this one I need big enought oengrave in hers what mine says..Forever and a Day.

Bootise...I don't think she'd buy off on that. And to tell the truth, I'll let you suggest it to her...the last thing I need to do is to have to consult a colo-rectal surgeon for removal of a high heel shoe..if you get my drift.