A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

well of course not, but any reason to go to Jordan's is a good reason I say. :mrgreen:

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Yeah but that's cause you like looking around..at the brothers, even. Not my style, although they are polite gentleman who seem of good character, certainly not like the manager at the restaurant that...never mind.::):u

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yep - that's the one. We were there early though, around 3. We had a late b'fast and early dinner. If you were there you would have seen us...2 tired looking adults and 3 kids...one that wouldn't stop whining. The main area was full so we were put into the side room, which was nice, and the other table was almost done with dinner so it was just us most of the time.

4. sus

sus Well-Known Member

When my insurance co asked for my marriage certificate and a copy of the divorce decree i told them to take a flying leap.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, and call me a "witch" (or rhymes with...)for what I'm about to say. But, had it been me and a screaming child who couldn't be controlled, I would have gone home. I wouldn't want to inflict my screaming child on other people who were anywhere within earshot and trying to have an enjoyable Mothers Day. It would appear your child already impeded your ability to have a nice time out, so why make other people listen to that? You would be the perfect example of mothers & fathers I shoot daggers at with a hateful glare. If you can't control your children in public, then they shouldn't be in public.

Ooh.. and if you were in O'Charleys in Garner yesterday about noon and had a screaming little girl, yes, I probably was the one who kept turning around and give YOU a hateful glare as well.

Thats just my biggest pet peeve... sorry you hit it DMJmom.

ANyways... everyone back to your Happy Mondays :mrgreen:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

According to the paperwork we got, if I don't cooperate, they will drop us. I am not a happy camper. We've been with them for 13 years. It's stupid.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I know it's not your style, I was just joshin ya....;)

I am transparent, I know.:rolleyes:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Having been there with a kid I didn't take out for about a year because there was no telling how he would act................try to give the poor parents the benefit of the doubt. I don't get irritated unless I can tell the parents aren't trying to shush the kid. If it doesn't quit after a few minutes, you need to take the kid out of the restaurant though, that's common courtesy. I've had to do it, not fun, but necessary. DS is now almost 9, and I STILL make sure we have something to occupy him if we have to wait, even if it means playing tic-tac-toe on the placemat!

9. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

:iagree: My 3 year old daughter loves going to Kobe. She loves the show. And we love the food so everyone wins. :)

10. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I can see your point as well as Tassy's, I can't stand it when my kids act up in public but like DMJ, I have small children as well, so we went early, before the dinner rush "just in case" the kids were a bit noisy or somehow got impatient waiting for dinner. (I still say BUFFETS ARE THE BOMB!!! :lol:, but we decided to go out for a nicer/sit down yesterday rather than a buffet..but go figure...we decided to Chops...and unbeknownst to us it was a BUFFET) I give DMJ credit for going to dinner at an off time so as not to possibly interrupt anyone's meal.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh, I agree with you, going out with little kids is TOUGH! Been there, done that! I guess I'm saying, if you can't get your kid to be quiet after a little while though, it's time to cut the outing short. I've walked out of stores, I've left dinner early at times, til DS got old enough to behave himself. We got tortured at Chili's in Wendell a couple weeks ago by some people with a baby, and they weren't doing a whole heck of a lot to quiet the little thing.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Tassy - for the record he wasn't screaming, he was whining. Big, huge difference. No one heard him but us. As I stated, for almost the whole dinner we were the only ones in the room, but by then he was happy. It was when we first got there he didn't want that (he wanted fries, I'm sure like most 4 yo) but he was just whining in his chair. I would NEVER stay in a restaurant with a screaming child, no matter how old. Unfortunately I have a very tough 4 yo, and it's hard to have a good time wherever we go, unless it's Chick fil a or chuck e cheese. I have had to take him outside at Logans once because of how he was acting. After a 5 minute time out he was fine...But just so you know, he WAS NOT screaming.

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Well, I guess my family of 4 and I are despised in at least 2 restaurants this past weekend...nah make that one. We went to a Mexican restaurant just so I wouldn't be judged by how my baby girl acts. :lol:

It is easier to judge when you haven't walked the walk, though.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

All 3 were terrific at b'fast. And 2/3 were good at dinner. That is why we went to Kobe...I didn't want a buffet and that was the only place I could think of they would be entertained. As I had stated before, they weren't happy all day, so I felt honored that they let me eat in peace. (after the whining stopped). And the only other family that was in our room when we got there had a newborn that was crying and a young boy who was obviously scared of the fire on the grill. I would never think they shouldn't have been there. So Tassy - should you not ever go out with children when they're babies because they might cry? I would have spent 6 years at home if that were the case, since I had 3 babies in that time frame...I'm a firm believer that "most" children behave better in restaurants, or public in general, if they're taken out from the time they're born so they learn how to act. My kids don't run in restaurants, which is something I hate, and for the most part, considering their age, they have very good table manners.

15. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

DMJ - I see where you are going with this...you can't satisfy everyone's wants. Don't apology/defend yourself or your family for normal child behavior. Because you can't live in a bubble just because you have kids. You do the best you can with the hand you've been dealt. ;)

16. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

I agree with this! My daughter was out eating with us at one week old. And she slept the whole time...those were the days. :)

17. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: As long as your considerate of others and TRYING then you're good. I think we've all dealt with one of our kids getting out of hand in a public place. People need to get over it .... but this is why I don't take my youngest out as he proudly marches through the terrible 2's. :cuss: :mrgreen:

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am a firm believer that you have to teach a child how to act in various situations...how else will they learn? And I may get flamed for this (or my mom and dad will), but I KNEW if it was so bad (not bad in todays terms but bad 25-30 years ago when children were almost only seen, not heard at the dinner table) that my dad had to take us to the car...oh my! I was gonna get a spanking! Notice I said spanking, not beating, etc. It took me one trip...I was a fast learner! My parents often had servers tell them they would rather have all 12 of us (10 kids+mom, dad) come in to eat vs. certain couples with 1-2 kids. But kids have to learn what behavior is acceptable in what environment. I am also a firm believer you start at the dinner table at home.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

OK.. so the 2 year old screamed the whole time you were in the "mall", and the 4 year old whined the whole time you were in the mall and Kobe. Maybe your just deaf to your children, but trust me, others are not. I'm sure I would have just given up the afternoon after no one was behaving at the mall. My parents used to use babysitters when they wanted to go out when my sister and I were little. Small children have no appreciation for Kobe, they're just as happy with McDonalds. My sister and I were well behaved, or we got a finger "snap" to get our attention, and then a glare that said, behave or else. Funny... it always worked.

20. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Guess my kids don't have that on/off switch. When my child or any other child at the age of 2 or around there would get tired or be teething they get a little cranky and whiny. I personally think that is normal behavior.
    I have seen children run around restaurants or stores and there parents are just ignoring them. That is a problem.