Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My condolences :cry:

2. le

le Well-Known Member

Shelby had a wonderful life and mama. Try to keep that in mind as we all sob along with you and Mr. hg.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My sister's youngest put it best when his big brother walked into our home shortly after we lost Elvis. They came over and the older one had a look of confusion and said to his mom, "Where's Elvis?" Before she could answer, the 3 year old said, "He's with Jesus." Talk about smiling through some tears.

Love ya, HG. I will be thinking of you.

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

So sorry, HG. :grouphug:

5. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Ohhh HG :cry:

I'm thinking about ya!:grouphug:

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    then you must do what must be done
    For this, the last battle, can't be won.
    You will be sad, I understand,
    Don't let the grief then stay your hand,
    For this day more than all the rest
    Your love and friendship stand the test.
    We've had so many happy years,
    What is to come can hold no fears.
    You'd not want me to suffer so;
    When the time comes, please let me go.
    Take me where my needs they'll tend
    And stay with me, if you can, to the end.
    Hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.
    I know in time, you will see,
    It is a kindness you do for me.
    Although my tail its last was waved,
    From pain and suffering I've been saved.
    Don't grieve that it should be you,
    Who must decide this thing to do,
    We've been so close, we two, these years;
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.
    Smile, for we walked together for a little while. - Author Unknown

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs HG!! Please call me if there is anything I can do for you, or if you just need an ear.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry HG! She has lived a life with lots love and now she is in the afterlife with your love and His.

On the 23rd at our luncheon we can celebrate her life!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Some people may think this is kinda morbid, but I really don't give a ****. I am ordering a necklace that I can put some of her ashes in that way I can keep her forever with me close to my heart. The rest of her ashes, we are going to take a trip to the beach (Harkers Island) which was her favorite spot - EVER - and sprinkle her ashes out at sea.
    When I'm gone the rest of Shelby will go with me to sea.

When I'm at my desk I'm waiting for her to come put her head on my lap. My ears are still wanting to hear the clicking of her nails on the tile floor. I don't hear her drinking water out of her bowl nor the crunching of her dog food. She didn't visit Onyx (neighbors dog) this am to say good morning. I don't see her outside passing my office window "making the rounds". She's not here when I get my coffee in the morning. Isn't here for me to say goodnight. Isn't here to go run errands with me (when we would ditch work).

My mom and dad have lost their first grandbaby. They always had a stocking at Christmas for Shelby. When they watched Shelby because we were out of town, they gave her table scraps (chicken was her favorite) eventhough I said not to. My mom and dad loved her so much.

For people who never knew Shelby, I feel sorry for them. She was mommy's girl and was protective of me, her daddy (not mattie), grandma and grandaddy. Last week the AC guy was here and she showed him who she was. Protective of her family but then she let him pet her after a few minutes to show her other side. I miss her so much but know she will always be in my heart and with me - protecting me - where ever I go - even Durham & Fayetteville! LOL.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. This is very tough for my family. We need your thoughts and prayers as we begin the healing process remembering Shelby and talking about all of her adventures with me and the rest of my family.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  11. le

le Well-Known Member

Kinda morbid or kinda cool? Your girl is with you still and always. Stay strong, she is keeping a spot warm for ya!

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Not morbid!

Hang in there, with each passing day it will get better, you will still mourn her loss and it will still hurt, but each day you will think of the happy times with your baby and it will hurt just a tiny bit less as you remember those happy times!!!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

14. harleygirl

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think its a cool idea too. Infact, a woman I used to work with wore a necklace and it was a very small decorative urn on a gold chain, and she had some of her fathers ashes in it. No one can judge you at a time like this, you have to do what is right for you in this healing process.

:grouphug::grouphug:

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I think the choice is totally up to you...not for anyone else to judge. :) I think it's sweet. There is a business on Ebay called MainlyUrns (I think) that also has jewelry and such.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I find it quite touching! Go for it!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I like the one that was the shape of the paw-print too.

20. harleygirl

I don't know which one I'm getting yet, I like the star with the paw print in the middle and the star with the heart in the middle. I don't know yet.

BTW, I have some E-Tea (Essiac) left over from Shelby's vitamins. If anyone has a pet with Cancer this is what I was giving Shelby from Day one 2 years ago when we found out she had cancer. There's probably 1/2 a bottle left - maybe 50 pills. Kinda weird the cancer didn't kill her NOR the heart problem just old age. What a trooper. Just let me know if anyone wants it. I'll be down at 4042 tomorow and can drop them at your house or meet you somewhere.

Sandy
    796-5284 (mobile)