A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: sorry, but that made me laugh......

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

oh my, that could be my DGS in Food Lion. I now just make him pull the wheels out before we get out of the car.... and we are coming into flipflop season, thank god! I did see a little girl fall in there one day and hated it, but had to smile to myself.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ok Ken... you can have it your way.. you just beat it to death until people give in finally. I know that and accept you for it. I think there are plenty here who haven't posted that would agree with me. It's just common courtesy, like you said, and thats what gets my pet peeve streak going. If people have well-behaved children, I have no problem with being seated near them. I actually like to see well-behaved children in public, and have even complemented parents on children that are. DMJ's apparently were not, by her own words. I apologize if people with exceptional children took my rant the wrong way. If you have horrendous children that belong in a zoo instead of a restaurant, you know who you are.

:beathorse::beathorse::beathorse:

Are we done beating it yet? :boxing:

4. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

This I also agree on. My daughter has a pair of Heelys but I'm not allowing her to have the wheels in them. She can trip over air and carpet lint (her grace and balance are unrelated to my incident from this morning). She has not yet learned how to use them and if she does anything like what has been previously mentioned, the wheels are coming out. I have no tolerance for that. Her school doesn't allow the kids to wear them, even if the wheels are not in the shoes.

I remember one time when I was out with my ex that there were some kids running around in a craft store. We were looking at some stuff and the kids (3 siblings I believe) kept chasing one another. My ex had finally had enough--the next time the kids came running through, he stuck out his leg and tripped at least one of them. Needless to say, they didn't run our way anymore! Fortunately we didn't have to deal with any comments from the parent that was around.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

See... such a simple solution... I love you Kimmie!

:cheers:

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I would say we could put this one to bed......

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

8. Desdemona25

:ack: :ack: :ack:

I feel for ya man, I do!

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You go Desdemona! Parents not paying attention to their children... imagine that??? I know from personal experience that there is atleast one parent here who has the same mentality for keeping up with the unruly child/children in public. :?

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

I will take my kids ANYWHERE I chose to take them. If they act up I'm taking em to the bathroom or out of ear shot of others as common courtesy until they straighten up (which doesn't take long in my household). But for anyone to tell me there are certain places I cannot take my children to eat ...well, you can kiss my patooty!

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

TASSY - Let me get this straight...you say in one thread that you would kill my children if they were with you and misbehaved, and then you say in this post that you wish little kids with heely's on would fall and crack their head open???? Wow, you sound like a sweatheart of a woman! I guess that speaks volumes right there...And I'm certainly NOT going to tell you where you can't go (like you try telling us), but I'd LOVE to tell you where you CAN go.

And that's all I have to say about the topic, I'm done.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

13. Desdemona25

I also do the best that I can when it comes to taking my daughter out in public. I started early with her and I've actually received compliments on her behavior. She knows full well about how to act in public and my low tolerance for misbehavior. I have several crayons in each purse I regularly use--they definitely come in handy.

Threatening the bathroom/parking lot/whatever works quite well! Oh and using the words "alligator bait" and "shark bait" have also worked in the past. :mrgreen:

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:....I'll have to use that one!!!

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I too, have always gotten compliments at my boys behavior, when we dine out as a family. :mrgreen:

16. Desdemona25

They were actually quite appropriate for where we were at the time. The first time we were in a wildlife refuge in the Everglades (the rest of my Brownie troop thought it was quite funny) and the second time we were at an aquarium (again, the Brownie troop thought it was quite funny).

She has my sense of humor--warped (if you couldn't already tell). One time when she was acting particularly ornery I asked her, "Who are you and what have you done with my sweet little girl?" She responded with, "Aliens came and took her away and left me in her place." She was 4.

17. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME MOMS, LIKE I SAID, I LOVE TO SEE WELL BEHAVED CHILDREN, WARMS THE HEART. I ALWAYS WANT TO PATTHE PARENTS ON THE BACK FOR DOING A GOOD JOB AND THE KIDS FOR ALSO DOING A GOOD JOB AND LET THEM ALL KNOW, PEOPLE DO NOTICE.....

18. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You're just an expert...

20. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

They're informative and fun.