A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

And I'm extremely jealous of your weather right now. It's after noon and you haven't even hit 70 yet.

2. Desdemona25

:grouphug:

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ahhhhhhh, I'm so glad I don't live in Florida any more....which I use to call Hellida .......WAYYYY too hot for my tail.

You just need to hurry and move OUTTA there... :lol::lol:

4. Desdemona25

You have NO idea how badly I want out.

Here's my sitch right now:
    rock *me* hard place

We can't afford to move at the moment, nor can we afford to stay. I hate it. I'm actually a 3rd generation native and am just done. How sad is that?

According to the weather thing I just checked, it says it's 81 with 39% humidity. As you know, that's DRY! Fire season is here. There was a "controlled" burn that quickly became uncontrolled less than a mile from my house. It was small compared to the ones they're dealing with elsewhere (Lake O is on fire...again), but still!

And I love your name for the state. It fits!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thank you FL girl.
    At least 2 days now. I can't eat, I'm not ****ing hungry.

God, help me get back to 4042 before I kill one of my neighbors. :mrgreen:

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

have a problem

I can't stop playing my daughter birthday gift, her Nintendo DS :shock:
    Anyone else have this problem?
    I might have to get my own :)

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Will try that one. When my daughter was younger a friend of mine and I decided at the end of the school year to reward our two daughters for making straight As all year by getting dressed up and taking them to a nice restaurant. I do not believe in paying for grades so this was my way to say "Great Job" without her thinking she deserves money or something for grades.

We all got dressed up and went to Ruth's Chris. Yes, pricey, but well deserved for the grades plus want my daughter to feel that she fits in any place from eating at a place in China Town down an alley to five star restaurants (my parents did it that way).

Anyhow, the two girls were excited. Valet parking, etc. Of course, they did not look at prices, which was okay at that point, and ordered what they thought they wanted. As the night progressed I noticed that my daughter kept excusing herself to go to the bathroom a lot. After a while I walked in to find out that she was going to the bathroom for the mints nearby. Stupid me, a bag of mints would have been just as exciting for her. We wound up taking the food home as she was full of candy. I guess the thought counts.

She was impressed with the Bananas Foster I ordered but I think it was the flame at the table that made her that way. We shared it and she loved it. My folks did this for me when I was young and I used to order Shirley Temples to drink. In today's world my daughter orders a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri. Those are just some of the fun memories I want her to remember.

Live and learn!

Sherry

8. Sherry A.

Are you not eating because you want to do this or do you want us to describe some delicious food to make you hungry?

Sherry

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Um..........check the Pets section, she's probably not hungry because she lost her dog. :cry:

10. Sherry A.

Thanks. That is so sad. We just love animals and I hope HG's heart feels better soon.

Sherry

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I bought a new pillow. I realized I've never gotten rid of any of the 'old' pillows. Ever. What in the world do you do with 'old' pillows???

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I just throw them away.

Almost Friday! :cheers:

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I hate trolls.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too and to think i used to collect them when i was a kid:lol: i can't help but picture everyone that is called a troll as a short little toy with the fluffy hair on top the head:lol:

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

That's Smurfs KB.

[​IMG]

18. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

man I used to love them things!
    Sheri

19. KellBell